Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Oh, my. Where do I start? We've had an interesting few weeks at work. Valentine's Day was pretty horrible, not because we were so overloaded with work but quite the opposite. It was the worst V-Day that I've ever seen, and I've worked in the flower business for about seven years now. Aside from that, we've had some people leave the shop, mainly for health reasons; they needed health insurance and my boss can't really provide insurance that's reasonably priced--it's a small business! However, the people that left included the lead designer for the shop, who has had 25+ years experience in floral design. She is phenomenal in what she can create and do. The other person that left has been our other full-time designer since October. I have been designing some off and on for the past few months, but not in any major capacity. I only work three days a week.

Sooo....guess who's the new lead designer? Yep, you guessed it...ME! This is both exciting and scary at the same time. Today I went in thinking I would only work from 9:00 to 2:00, but ended up having to stay til 5:30 because we had a lot of funeral work orders come in. But, I made two $75 dollar standing easels and several other things and everything looked pretty good! Not 25+ years-experience top-notch, but certainly not bad.

This means I am going to have to try to go back to work full time. This is going to be hard because I don't really have anyone to take care of my kids. So, please pray for me in this new position and also that I might find a good place for my kids to go on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays (they go to "school" on Wed. and Fri.). Scott is also trying to finish up his comprehensive exams, which is really 4 papers, in the next couple of weeks for his Masters of Arts in Biblical Interpretation from LCU. So, AHHH! This is a crazy time for all this to be happening. I am just asking for prayers as we try to accommodate all these new changes.

Oh yeah, and Claire has been sick with RSV for the past week--bad timing! She seems to be at the tail-end of it, though :) To close, I leave you with a couple of random pictures...because what's a blog post without pictures??


My sweet hubby surprised me with roses on Wednesday! Beautiful!!

At long last...Scott's diploma from ACU came in a couple of weeks ago!

Sweet little red shoes on Claire for Valentine's Day (from Nana).

And finally...

A sign of the future?? Will decided he needed to take a nap outside in this cardboard box the other day. (He stayed in there for about three minutes) :)

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Congratulations and I'll say a special prayer just for you guys. It's so stressful trying to find good childcare for your little ones. Love the pic of Will in the box...adorable!

Sara said...

"Stressful times" seems to be the running theme for several of us right now! I'll pray for you and Scott in this time of transition - that you'll find good childcare and that you'll still have quality time together as a family.
Sometimes it would be nice to have a 'fast forward' button, to look ahead and know that everything will be ok... but that's where faith comes in, right?? :)
I'm glad Claire is getting better - having a sick little one is certainly no fun!
YOU take care!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the promotion! It is scary to have a bunch of changes like this all at once, but I think you'll do just fine. You are in my prayers. ;)

Jared said...

Oh my goodness! Sounds like you still have your plate more than full. We'll be praying!

Thailand Tracey said...

Lauren- just wanted to check in to say Hi! I'm taking an unpacking break:) Wow! and I thought I had a lot going on...I think it's called life! Just remember to breathe and you'll be fine. I'll be praying that it all works out and you'll know it's right, even if crazy, by the peace you're blessed with in your heart. Love you!
Tracey