Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Big Girl Bed

Claire now has a big girl bed! The actual bed is my old day-bed (it's almost an antique!), but the mattress and bedding are new. She seems to like it, but is still making the nightly trip to our room right now.


The kids decided to get in the picture. I tried to get them to pose to no avail :)

In other news, we have been trying to potty train Claire, but she is not very interested. She will sit on the potty if she has clothes on, but the minute you take off the diaper, she stiffens up and freaks out! I have tried buying her "pretty" panties to entice her but that didn't work either. She is ready in the sense that she is showing all the signs, but she just doesn't want to make that transition. Any suggestions?

Our lives are taking on that busy summer schedule that comes with being a youth minister. Scott is having service week this week, VBS is next week, then camp is two weeks after that. July is just as packed with activity, if not busier. However, we are enjoying the summer--playing in the pool, sprinkler, etc. We took the kids to see UP the other night and that was lots of fun. They both sat quietly through the whole thing. I was pretty amazed! I recommend the movie if you haven't seen it already. But bring tissue!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute bed! As for the potty training, I can tell you with experience that it's not worth the stress and aggravation of training if they're not willing. I would just hold off for a little while and she will come around on her own. You could even solicit Will's help and start giving him treats or stickers or something every time he goes and make a big production out of it to try and motivate her to want to go. I just know it's not worth all of the heartache when they are not quite there yet.

Lauren said...

Carrie, thanks for the suggestions! Good idea about getting Will to help. I am kind of in the same line of thought as you are...I'm not going to force her, but she just acts SO ready (taking her diaper off every time she tinkles just a little bit, asking for a new one, etc...). I appreciate your advice! :)

Amy said...

Cute bed! I can't believe she is already ready for that.

Robby and Lynsey said...

When did she get old enough for a big girl bed? It is so cute!!

Tami said...

About Chase's bedding...it is so hard to find any firetruck bedding. I searched and searched...they just dont make very many boys bedding with firetrucks on it, on-line or in stores. I found this one on overstock.com...they had 3 styles, this was one of the lesser expensive ones. Clairs bed is adorabe and i love the fact that it was yours...very cute.

Larissa said...

Ohhh, you're brave parents! I'm just not ready for the big kid bed. I need that cage for as long as I can stand! Or for as long as he can stay in it! :)

Chrissy Cross said...

I am not ready for a big girl bed for my almost 2 year old, but she is potty training, funny huh? Anyway, there is no harm in waiting to get Claire potty trained, right? I think it is better to wait than to give her a complex about it. But, what do I know, I have only potty trained one and it took me FOREVER.