Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Surprise!

I'm here! We are now in the Sunshine State of Florida visiting Scott's family. On Dec. 22, Scott 29th birthday, we drove to Katy and spent 3 days there. 2 of those days were really spent in Spring and Beaumont, but we were with my family the whole time. Will enjoyed his Christmas. Santa brought him a tricycle and he didn't really want to stop riding on it to open any other presents :) It was fun. I also finally got to meet my brother's girlfriend, Staci, and she is really nice and friendly. She seems to be a good match for Kendall.

On Christmas night, we stayed in a bed and breakfast in Orange, Texas, which is almost in Louisiana. It was really nice. The best surprise of the B&B was that the lady had turned on the electric blankets on the beds so they were nice and toasty when we got in. It was really nice. It was also great to wake up the next morning and only have to drive 8 hours to FL instead of 10.

Anyway, things are going really well with us and we plan to be back home the night of January 1st. I will go back to work on the 3rd. I am definitely looking forward to that day of rest between driving and working :)

Merry Christmas and love to all!

4 comments:

Harmony said...

I'm glad you are having a good trip. We miss you here and are looking forward to your return. Enjoy the rest and I'll keep an eye on your dogs. :)

Larissa said...

Thank you for your kind words Lauren. I am so thankful to have friends who care. I know a lot of people go through this, and have no one. I hope you all had a good Christmas.

Katherine said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, and I pray that you are blessed as you enter into the New Year!! Hope to see you sometime next year-love you!! Blessings~

Anonymous said...

be careful for bad (drunk) drivers on the way back, and don't drink...too much :) happy new year!