Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Back from the Dead

Literally! Our computer finally died a couple of weeks ago, so that is why I haven't been blogging (not like I did it constantly before, but, hey...I read other people's!). So, if any of my friends out there still stop by to see if I just might have posted something, I have returned. We purchased a new computer with our Christmas money and it arrived this afternoon! Yea!!!

On to other things! It is freakishly cold here. So cold and treacherous, even, that our church services were cancelled on Sunday. I didn't think any amount of precipitation could cause our church to close it's doors, but lo and behold. I think most of the churches in our area cancelled; and I think it was a wise decision. You know some people (I'm mainly thinking of the elderly) will get out in whatever conditions to get to church. I'm thankful that they decided to just cancel so those people and the ones that live miles and miles away would just stay in rather than risk it. Anyway, it's been very icy and tonight it snowed! We have had a fire in our fireplace (not nonstop) for the last four days. It's been great! I looked at Scott at one point on Sunday afternoon, while reading my novel in front of the fireplace, wrapped up in my fleece blanket, and told him, "This is great!" And it was.

Our family was ill last week. We got "the bug" that has been going around. I got it Tuesday night and missed work on Wednesday and part of Thursday. Scott got it on Wednesday night. Will was also sick, but his was a sinus infection and then his antibiotic gave him bad poops. He had a horrid diaper rash, too. But, we are all much much better now!

Although computers crashing, ice and snow, and sickness is all very interesting and newsworthy, believe it or not, I have bigger news. At the end of July, Will is going to be a big brother! That's right, I am pregnant! We are very excited. Last week (Tuesday as a matter of fact), we saw the baby's heart beat and it was moving all around. When Scott can scan the sonogram pictures at work, I will post them for all to see.

This pregnancy has been quite different from my first. I was quite a bit more nauseous this time and it lasted much longer. With Will, I was nauseous about two times. This time, it was more like every day, all day. But, I never did loose my breakfast, so that was nice. I am now about 12 or 13 weeks along, so hopefully all of that is about over with. In fact, I have been really hungry the last few days. I have been eating quite a lot. Also, my "bump" is starting to grow. I have to rubberband my jeans. I did put all of my maternity clothes in my closet, but it will probably still be a while before I can wear most of them. It was just a good weekend to clean and do things like that :) Scott is laughing at me because I start the whole "nesting" thing really early. I feel like I have to get organized! Now! It's kind of important, though, because we are going to try to get Will into a big bed soon. However, we kind of need to know the sex of the new baby before we start really getting his room together. If the new baby is a girl, she will go in the guest room because it is painted pink. But, if the new baby is a boy, he will take Will's room and Will will get the guest room (repainted, of course!). So, until the beginning of March, it's just a waiting game.

Well, I have probably rambled on much too long. I have missed all of you and hope to hear from you that you haven't given up on me :) Love to all~~

5 comments:

John, Kisti, Maren & Silas Felps said...

Yeah, Lauren! I'm excited for you guys! Aren't babies so much fun! And for what it's worth, you should probably count on the pink room for the new addition. "They" say girls make you more nauseated! We'll see if "they" are right!
Congratulations:) We'll be praying for your family!

Robby and Lynsey said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news!! Are you hoping more for a girl or a boy?

And yes ... we're glad you're back. :)

Kathy said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! We'll have to share pregnancy stories...I just found out I'm pregnant again too! I'm planning to announce it on the blog today.

By the way, "they" are wrong. I was sick as a dog with Patrick, and trust me, he's all boy. I'm hoping they're completely backwards in my case since I'm not sick at all this time so far.

Marta said...

Yay for new babies!!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm gonna have to say that I did feel more nauseated pregnant with Darby than I did with Sutton... so maybe this one's a girl!!! Second babies are so much fun because you get the added joy of watching your first learn to be a big sister/brother. We'll be praying for a healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby and an easy transition for your whole family!!

Katherine said...

You know, it is so funny-I was thinking you might be pregnant again soon (maybe it is because everyone else seems to be, too!), and lo and behold-you are!! Congrats-how exciting! :) I hope you are doing well and look forward to seeing you at Follies!! Love you. Blessings~