Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wednesday Report

I would like to thank everyone for their congratulatory comments on our new bun in the oven :) We are so excited and we are so thankful for all your prayers and well wishes. It seems like now that I have announced this, so many other people are turning up pregnant, too! Congrats to all my fellow expectant-mom blogging buddies out there! We will have to compare stories.

Today we woke up to a beautiful, peaceful white blanket of snow. I think this snowfall was a little heavier than the snowfall we had in November. It was colder and and the sun didn't come out til much later, so it stuck around longer, too. Scott was supposed to go to school at ACU today (his first day of class), but we didn't want him to risk driving there and back, so he called his professor and said that he would not be coming. ACU had already delayed their first day of the spring semester by one day. When Scott got off the phone with ACU, we got an interesting phone call from the LCU Alumni Relations office. The main A.R. lady went to camp with Scott back in the day. She was calling to tell us that there was an LCU student who was stranded in Big Spring because of the weather. This student had taken a bus to get back to Lubbock and ended up in a motel in Big Spring last night and didn't have enough money for another night's stay. Would we take her in? Of course, we said. So we have spent the day getting to know Sarah, a senior psychology major. She had started her travels last Thursday from Wisconsin and got stuck for 3 days in Dallas--sleeping in the Greyhound station--and finally ended up here. At first, we thought she might not get back to Lubbock til tomorrow (Thursday), but there is a bus running at midnight tonight. I hope that she gets back home safely and can finally relax. What an experience!!

Speaking of good ol' LCU, we are planning on attending the festivities during Master Follies weekend. This year is our five year reunion, so we are planning on attending that function, club breakfasts, chapel, the afternoon show, and a couple of receptions for past big time award winners like Scott (that's sort of a joke--Scott was Mr. LCU and recieved a special award from the Bible Dept. his senior year). Anywho, we look forward to seeing all of our friends in February!

I really can't think of anything else to report right now, so I'm signing off. Have a great Thursday :)

4 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm just now reading your blog . . . CONGRATS on the pregnancy!!! That is SO wonderful and I'm so excited for you. What fun!! And, thank you for the happy birthday message . . . I'm getting old . . . almost to the old hag stage!! Ha!!

April Carrasco said...

Congrats! Who knows we might be having our babies on the same day. Both of my other ones were pretty early. Enjoy this time #2 is fun! I hear you about being sick. I am jealous that you are a little ahead of me and almost out of the woods. I probably still have a few weeks or years to go with my sickness :)!!! Congrats to you all!

Harmony said...

I didn't get around to saying congrats yesterday. I'm glad you have finally told the "world" - it's been killing me! I'm excited we get to do this together again. Hopefully the sickness will be gone soon so that you can enjoy this pregnancy also. Take care of your self.

Marta said...

We'll be at Follies, club breakfasts, etc. too!! Can't wait to see you!!