Saturday, May 05, 2007

Fun with Diapers

This morning, I hostessed (is that a word?) a baby shower for my good friend, Harmony. We threw her a little diaper shower since this is her third baby (a girl) and she already has a boy and a girl with lots of baby things. So, she mainly just needed diapers, wipes, and a few season-appropriate baby girl clothes. Problem is, my friend is not a fan of the color pink :) So, we had to get a little creative on shower decorations. I was contemplating what to do for a centerpiece that looked babyish, but wasn't pink and it came to me...make a diaper cake! I had seen this done one other time at my friend Carrie's baby shower and thought, how fun and appropriate would that be?! So, I had great fun gathering up all the supplies and making this little "cake." I think it turned out pretty cute and everyone at the shower wanted to know how I did it. It was really pretty easy; it was just a little time-consuming. But, then again, I'm sort-of a perfectionist when it comes to things like this, so I might have taken more time than I really needed to. Anyway, here are some pics of my creation!


Front view

Back view

5 comments:

Harmony said...

I love it still! You are so creative. Thank you so much.

Robyn said...

That is the cutest thing EVER!!! I'm going to have to steal that idea for a baby shower coming up here. You're so good!!!

Robby and Lynsey said...

That is so cute! Well done. Happy 2nd Birthday to Will (soon)!

Marta said...

We had a diaper cake at my shower for Sutton and it was the hit of the party! Yours is just precious! How're you feeling!

Lauren said...

Thanks--it was so much fun and not difficult at all. Robyn, you can find a few different "recipes" by just Googling "diaper cake."

Thanks also for Will's birthday salutations...I can't believe it's less than 2 days away :)

I'm feeling pretty good...just tired. I know I need to post new belly pics, but everytime I think about it, it's at the end of the day and I look terrible. I'll try to do it this week :)