Friday, July 20, 2007

Life

It is now just the four of us; all the family has gone and we are trying to get used to our new life as a family of four. Claire is doing great. Thankfully she finally got the hang of nursing, so that is going a lot smoother. She still just sleeps most of the time, which is kind of nice. It's kind of easing us into this new sense of normalcy. Will is interested in his new sister, but not overly so. He likes to touch her on the head and kiss her every once in a while. He's always interested as to where she is. I am doing pretty good; still tired, of course, but catching sleep whenever I can. Scott, if you will remember, the best dad ever, so he is of course doing everything he can to help out.

Last week was quite an emotional week for me, what with just giving birth, having to stay in the hospital an extra day and seeing my two day old with an IV in her arm. On top of all that our best friends moved away. Harmony and Leland and their three precious kiddos moved out of Big Spring on Wednesday (a little over a week ago now) and we were fortunate enough to be able to share one last meal with them before they left. I had told myself, "don't cry, you've done enough of that in the last two days," but when we parted ways in the parking lot, I couldn't help it. The Malletts have been very special to us over the last several years. They had always been here and it seemed like we'd always have each other.

But it was inevitable that with Leland being a teacher and Scott a youth minister that one of our families would eventually move on, and it so happened that it was their time to do so. It hasn't hit me quite yet because of the fact that I've been occupied with Claire and visiting relatives, but soon I'll expect to see them at church or to get a call from Harmony asking me if I want to go eat lunch or head to Midland with her. And that isn't going to happen. I miss them incredibly already and it's going to be difficult getting used to life without them here. I'm so glad that we were able to become such good friends with them and I know that we will remain friends; we'll just have to visit the Metroplex a lot more often! (Harmony, get ready, because we're coming as soon as we can!).

***Of course, my computer still won't let me upload photos...I've tried three times already. As soon as I can, I'll get pics up. Don't give up on me yet!***

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, get ready chick - I may not be a Mallett, but I am coming to visit! Love,
Jen

Harmony said...

I miss you SO much too!

Anonymous said...

This post made me cry! At least you had good reason to cry. After I had Keynan, every time Tyler would come home from work, I would cry. Then, one night, he asked my mom if he could take me to Sonic, and I cried in the car. What's up with that?

I love the pics of Claire, and I love her name, too. I hope adjustment goes smoothly for you. I may have to call for pointers in a few months!

Love ya,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Made me cry, too!

What a sweet family you all are :)