Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Few Cute Pics

A rarity lately...getting Will to actually smile for pictures!
Mowing the lawn :)
sleepy girl
Look at my super-sweet shoes!
kick that leg up!


Smiley :)

A few tidbits:

Scott's comprehensive exam papers are due next Thursday! Yea! That means no more overnight stays in Abilene.

Claire is really army crawling well and has another new tooth coming in. She loves our dog Frank. Everytime he comes near her she cracks up. It is quite funny. She is such a sweetie and still loves to snuggle.

Will is just as funny as ever. I caught him in the backyard a couple of days ago sitting in his Cozy Coupe car leaning out the window, "ordering" food in a pretend drive-thru. Scott said, "Does that make you feel bad about how much we eat out?" I said, "Nah."

I am doing well...finally. I got sick again last week with another (or a continuation of my previous) sinus infection. I think I am actually getting well this time; we tried a different anti-biotic. I have actually been at work every day so far this week. However, tomorrow I will be missing the morning portion because my dear son has to stay home from school as it is Good Friday. But I am excited that I get to be home with my kids tomorrow morning when none of us is sick! Maybe we can just have a good relaxing time :)

Not a lot is going on. I am just ready for Scott's semester to be over. In one month, we will be going to Katy to visit my parents. That weekend is also the 30th anniversary reunion for my high school drill team (Katy Bengal Brigade--woo hoo!), so I will be able to attend that while I am down there. Then, about one month after that, we'll hit the beach! I am so looking forward to going to Destin, Florida, in May. My parents are going with us, and Scott's mom and dad live about an hour from there, so it'll be perfect. You can visit my mom's blog to see pictures of all the clothes she got for my kids' first beach excursion!

Oh, and Larissa, if you're reading, I want you to know that you inspired me. I bought some red heels. And I LOVE them :)

8 comments:

Cheri said...

Very cute pics! How do you get Claire to leave the headbands in? My girls never would leave them alone!
I know this has been a stressful semester - glad that it will be over soon.
Love you guys!!!

Melanie said...

What beautiful kiddos! LOVE those shoes!

Amy said...

I want those shoes. Too cute.

Harmony said...

I'm so glad Scott is almost finished. I know you are all so glad. Enjoy your vacations.

Sara said...

That is so cute. The 'drive-thru' order. Ha! That is precious. The kids are adorable. Remind me again what Scott is doing nowadays? Career-, school- wise?

Larissa said...

haha...yes, I'm reading. Well, I'm glad to know you were inspired!!! Wear them with pride! :) They're soooo fun, huh??!!

Robyn said...

LOVE Claire's shoes!!! I'm a sucker for fabulous shoes. And, if you have never been to Florida's gulf coast, get ready to be floored by the beauty. It's AMAZING!!! You're going to love it!

Thailand Tracey said...

Lauren- I loved seeing all the recent photos...such a beautiful family! The story about Will in his car is priceless :) Glad you're all feeling better. Happy Spring!