Tuesday, January 13, 2009

You Can Quote Me on That

It's been a while since I've done something "fun" with my blog. So, I'm stealing something I saw on Facebook. Here's the scoop:

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb.com and find quotes for those movies. Post them.
3. Have friends try to guess which movies the quotes come from.
4. When someone gets it right, bold the quote and put the title of the movie.*

Have fun!

1. All my life, when I'm quite grown-up I will always remember my grandfather and how he smelled of...tobacco and peppermint. - Susan; The Parent Trap (Way to go, Melanie and Mom!)

2. When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong...You looked wonderful out there. - Jake Houseman, Dirty Dancing (Carrie scores one)

3. Our first television set. Dad just picked it up today. Do you have a television? - Lorraine, Back to the Future (One for Harmony, two for Mom)

4. Person 1: War, war, war; this war talk's spoiling all the fun at every party this spring. I get so
bored I could scream. Besides...there isn't going to be any war.


Person 2: Not going to be any war? Why, honey, of course there's gonna be a war. - Scarlett and one of the Tarleton twins, Gone with the Wind (Mom gets a third point)

5. I don't know, but I think what I've got is something slightly resembling... GUMPTION! - Iris, The Holiday (Alright, Dad!!!)

6. Leslie and I have an amazing relationship and it's very physical, he still pushes all my buttons. People say 'oh but he's so much older than you' and you know what, I'm the one having to push him away. We have so much in common, we both love soup and snow peas, we love the outdoors, and talking and not talking. We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about. - Sherri Ann Cabot, Best in Show (Yea, Bethany!)

7. I put a bird in my hair. - Carrie, Sex and the City: The Movie (Good job, Kelly B!)

8. John, get ready to have some kids! - Mary, WALL-E (Carrie scores again!)

9. Is this toothbrush approved by the American Dental Association? - Kevin, Home Alone (Two for Harmony, four for Mom!)

10. What's the décor? Early Mexican brothel? - Armande, Chocolat**

*If no one guesses the correct answer, I'll post them in a week. Have a great week!

**No one guessed #10, so I kept my promise and posted the answer on 1/20. This was fun; I'll have to do "fun" things with my blog more often. Thanks for playing!!

9 comments:

Melanie said...

#1 is The Parent Trap. That's the only one I know!

Harmony said...

#3 is Back to the Future
#9 is Home Alone
That's all I've got this morning.

Terri said...

what the heck, i emailed at 5:15 this morning from my bed (under my electric blanket) on my blackberry and my answers aren't on here.

4) gone with the wind
3) back to the future 1
9) home alone 1

and then my guess 1)parent trap1(?)

Larissa said...

That was so fun! The first one drove me crazy, but now I see the answer!!!

Anonymous said...

I think #2 is Dirty Dancing and is # 8 Wall-E?

Terri said...

Dad said #5 is The Holiday

Terri said...

is #10 Mamma Mia?

Jared said...

Is #6 Best in Show? I know it's one of those movies!! I'm just not positive which one! We love those too.

Kelly B said...

#7 is Sex and the City :-)