Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things

1. I can't stick with one hairstyle for very long. I have to get it cut, colored, or *something* pretty regularly.
2. I have recently figured out (after many many years of trying to) what I want to be when I grow up. I am planning on starting a MLS degree (Master's of Library Science) in the near future in order to become a children's librarian.
3. In the seven years since college, I have worked in a funeral home, high school and flower shop.
4. After working for the flower shop for six years, I am finally a "designer" and will have my first Valentine's Day as such in a couple of weeks. I am scared to death.
5. I don't really like to cook, but I will. I prefer baking.
6. I am a very indoors-type person. But I do like spending time outdoors, too. I just never think about it.
7. I am a major list person. I have lists for everything.
8. I don't think I am funny, but my friends do. I guess their opinion matters more! :)
9. I love to sing and am so happy that my daughter likes for me to sing her to sleep every night. (My son doesn't like it when I sing to him).
10. When I was little, I had my own "library." I guess I should have known then.
11. My favorite food is popcorn, but I hate real corn.
12. I am turning 30 this year and hoping to take a fun trip sans kiddos.
13. Sleeping and reading are my favorite hobbies.
14. I am hopeful for our country's future.
15. I recently discovered that I like bleu cheese dressing (by accident--I thought I was getting ranch).
16. My favorite series of books is The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. The first book was over 500 pages and they just keep getting bigger with each new installment. I am very anxiously awaiting the 7th book coming out this coming fall; to prepare I am rereading the 5th and 6th books (with so many pages, a lot goes on.)
17. The main character in the book is named Claire and I only sort-of named my daughter after her.
18. My son's name is Will and he is the most aptly named child I've ever known. He has the strongest will. Ask anyone who knows him!
19. All of my best friends live at least two hours away from me. This is only slightly annoying.
20. I was born on my father's 26th birthday. If my son could have held on 17 days longer (not that I really wanted him to!), he would have been born on my 26th birthday.
21. Scott and I were married on my 21st birthday. No we didn't necessarily plan it that way, it just worked out that that was the best weekend available.
22. My husband is the smartest person I know and I am exceedingly proud of him and his accomplishments. I am also very glad he is inclined in math and physical sciences because those subjects are definitely not my forte.
23. My children never cease to surprise, amaze, and entertain me. They are precious and I am so thankful God chose me to be their mom.
24. I am definitely not a morning person and don't know if I ever will be. I am a night owl and rarely go to sleep before midnight.
25. I love television and movies, and easily get addicted. Most of the shows I like happen to be NBC shows because that is the only channel we get at our house. We don't have cable and our house is in some kind of twilight zone that only gets the one network station. And it's fuzzy (of course!). We did get the digital TV converter but it doesn't work 3/4 of the time. Very annoying!

I'd love for anyone who wants to do this to post a "25 Random Things" as well...I love learning more about my friends!

1 comment:

Kelly B said...

Hey Lauren! I just read your '25 things' list and saw you want to get your MLS...I just finished mine this past December. Do you know what school you want to get yours from yet?