Tuesday, June 13, 2006

VBS & Insomnia

I can't sleep...I have visions of three-year-olds running through my head.

VBS is upon us. I love my husband dearly; so dearly, in fact that today at 12:30, I agreed to teach the three-year-old class at VBS which started TONIGHT. Yes, you heard me correctly...I learned a mere 5 hours before VBS began that I would be in charge on 11 three-year-olds. Do I know anything about three-year-olds? No. It proved to be an interesting evening, to say the least. Here's hoping that tomorrow and Wednesday night go a little better.

So, does anyone out there have any bright ideas on what I can do with three-year-olds to keep them interested and entertained? Please, any ideas will help. I am desperate!!!

I was hoping for a more relaxing week after the busy-ness of Encounter last week. I was also hoping for a chance for Will and I to settle into a "normal" routine. Fat chance! Please pray that I will keep my sanity.

As for Encounter last week...it went well. We were very busy and didn't get to see everyone we wanted to, or, at least we didn't get to see them enough, but it went well. Scott did an amazing job on his class and the kids were fighting to get the tickets. He had lots of good feedback from kids and sponsors alike. It's always nice to be one of "the" classes to go to at Encounter.

Soon, I will have pictures to post...right now it is dark and I can't find the right plug for my card reader. Oh well. I'll get them up eventually.

2 comments:

Neena said...

I'm glad we got to see each other at Encounter even if it wasn't very long. But because of these blogs I felt like I already knew what you were up to. It would have been good to sit and talk, but we were all so busy. Hope you recover and good luck with VBS. I don't have any ideas for you. I'm sorry.

Amy said...

LOTS of action type songs. Make them jump, run, twirl, skip and sing at the same time. After you have shaken their nerves really well, give them a cookie and some Kool-Aid. Note that they will likely only drink the Kool-Aid with extra sugar added. Trust me, Moms love getting their kids back home after a day like that.