Thursday, June 01, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Well, folks, this is it. I am counting down the HOURS I have left before my job at dear ol' Big Spring High is complete! Today was our last day with students. I spent the last two days cleaning out my desk and backing documents up on zip disks, cleaning, shredding, filing...the life of a secretary is never really complete without filing. Tomorrow, I will go to the obligitory last day in-service meeting, turn in my key and I will be free! Oh, except for one tiny thing...graduation tomorrow night at 8:00. I have to be there at 7:30. Woo hoo. Okay, THEN I will be done :)

I am stealing something from my friend Amy today...my Thursday Thirteen...Thirteen reasons I am so ready for my job to be over and for summer to begin!:

1. No more getting up in the morning to go to work. I get to get up in the morning to be with my son!

2. Encounter! (next week!!)

3. Swimming in the pool.

4. Reading for fun.

5. Taking walks.

6. Taking naps.

7. Going to Fredericksburg.

8. Going to New Braunfels. (Woo hoo! Schlitterbahn, baby!)

9. Church Camp.

10. Seeing my friends that I have missed so much!!

11. Going to the store when it isn't crazy busy.

12. Getting to see Will experience new things first hand instead of hearing about them from a babysitter.

13. Not having to go back to work on August 7th!!!!!!

5 comments:

Neena said...

That sounded like a great list. I really enjoyed the Encounter comment. I am looking forward to that too. I hope you have a great time not working. I hope so much I will not have to work when we have kids. Have fun!!

Amy said...

I actually got Thursday Thirteen from my pal Lauren S. in WI. She is a hard core blogger. Check her out. I really enjoy her writing.
I like your list. Spending all day with your little one is REALLY welcome news, I'm sure.

Tonya said...

That is a great list!! You are going to have a great summer!!

Robby and Lynsey said...

Sounds like GREAT fun!!! Enjoy it!

Noel Green said...

Hey, that is fun that you know Kimber/ the Baileys! Yes, we're so blessed by them. We love Kimber and she's a perfect match for Ryan.

I actually thought of you while we were in Katy:). I keep all my LCU friends straight based on their hometowns:).

Hope you're doing great!