Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Birth-iversary Weekend

Me, wearing the baby float as an "Aqua Sombraro"...much to Will's amusement.
Scott and Will laughing at my Aqua Sombraro.
Grandpa Tim, Will, and Scott...Will is wearing his floatie swimsuit that makes him look like Sponge Bob!
With Nana and Grandpa in the baby float. He loves it!
Swimming for the first time with Scott...this is so much fun!
Kendall's triboard and cake. The actual pictures of Kendall did not turn out :(

Well, folks, we have returned from our adventure to Katy. It was a quick and eventful weekend, but very good. It is alwasy good to see family and friends again. We didn't get out of town on Saturday until about 10:00 am (my goal had been 9:00). I thought my brother's party started at 7:00 pm. Not so! It started at 6:00! We pulled up to the house right at 6:30, just in time for the blessing. Wow, what a trip! If I had been right, though, we would have made it early :)
The party was great...good food and great people. As you can see, we had a huge red velvet cake to feast on, plus brisket, beans, potato salad, green salad, chips, cokes of all flavors...it was a nice spread.
Saturday also happened to be my 27th birthday...27 on the 27th. I've been waiting for years for this to happen! Although I spent most of my day in the car, it was a very good day. A few minutes away from my parents house, we stopped on the side of the road to quickly change clothes and Scott gave me my birth-iversary gifts. I was happily surprised with a new pair of James Avery scrolled ichthus earrings (my third pair...I keep losing one!) and an ichthus lariat necklace--a new design from J.A. I was very excited. After the party died down and Will was asleep in his pack n' play, we headed out for coffee at one of the several Starbucks. However, it was too late; they had already closed. So, we had our anniversary date at Waffle House! Yum. It made me think of my late night college study times at Denny's and IHOP.
We made the trip back on Monday and made it home right at 10:00 pm. It was a good trip...long, but that is to be expected. Scott's anniversary gift, a portable DVD player, was put to good use entertaining Will with Baby Einstein and Finding Nemo movies. I definitely think it was money well spent.
Today was my last Tuesday at work! Woo hoo! Tomorrow finals start up in full swing and I dont' have to be there until 9:00 am! We get out at 2:30, too. I am loving this schedule. That said, it is now 11:45 and I must be getting some "beauty rest." We'll see if it works :)

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the aqua sombrero. That's a hilarious picture. I'm glad you had a good trip down here and a happy birthdayversary.

Amy said...

Wow! That is some crazy time crunch of a weekend! It is always great to see family so I know you had a great time. I like Kathy's word so I'll repeat, Happy Birthdayversary!

Tonya said...

Hi Lauren I am new to your blog.. I found you through the link on Kathy's blog :) Looks like you all had a great time and love the pictures.. ;) and like everyone else said.. happy birthdayversary..lol

Lauren said...

Thank you!

Glad to have you, Tonya :)

Katherine said...

Well, I have tried to post this twice in the last few days, but for some reason it keeps kicking me off!!

Anyway, I love the aqua sombrero-impressive! ;)

I also turned 27 on the 27th this year (March, of course)-it really is exciting!! :)

Great presents-oh how I long for a James Avery store...

So glad you had an awesome day-love ya!! God bless~

Larissa said...

You guys are so goofy! I love the pic of aqua sombrero...anything to get those little ones to laugh, huh???!!! :)