Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Last Few Days

No, nothing is wrong with my computer! We've just had lots going on this last week. Scott had two major papers due Sunday night, so he dominated the computer most of last week and over the weekend (which was fine with me :)).

Let's see...what has been happening in our lives? This past weekend was also "Senior Sunday" at our church. This group of seniors was a little extra special to us because they are the first group we have seen all the way through high school. When we first got here, they were just 8th graders! They have grown so much and we will miss them dearly. So, needless to say, it was quite a crazy weekend for my dear husband. Senior Sunday and two major papers due. Yea, we are so glad it's all over :)

I also got my hair cut last week. Yes it is even shorter! If I get a good picture of myself, I will post it. I like it a lot...very low maintenance, which is always good for me!

Monday, our school district had a holiday. It was actually an un-used bad weather day, but I'll take whatever I can get. We made a little trip to Abilene because Scott had to return the 30 books he had borrowed from the library in order to write those papers. We got to visit with our friends Ty and Beth which was lots of fun. Beth is a photographer and she took some really cute pictures of Will for his 1st birthday. Hopefully I will be able to post a couple of those, too.

Yesterday, I became ill. I had to come home from work because I was feeling so bad. As I was laying in my bed watching The People's Court, I became very reminiscent of my bedrest days when I would watch that program every day. In fact, one year ago yesterday, I was probably doing the very same thing. That show just kills me. Lessons learned from The People's Court: A) Get everything in writing. B) Don't be stupid.

Today, thankfully, I am feeling much better and was able to return to work. It is a good thing, too, because I only have about 2 days left of sick leave! That is really all the news I have to report for now. Love to all~

4 comments:

Amy said...

Careful with that hair cutting. Remember the bad turn I took at Pete's Flat Top Shop. A little here, a little there and next thing you know you're G.I. Jane.

Larissa said...

I like your life lessons from your judge shows. My sister is obsessed with watching those. I'm sure somewhere in the bible you could probably find those two lessons. Maybe it's not worded quite like that, but I think God meant for us all not to be stupid. Maybe if that had been one of the commandments, then there wouldn't be so many idiots running around. :)

Lauren said...

Amy,

I remember the flat top well. Don't worry...I don't think I've got the Demi Moore-thing going on quite yet ;)

Larissa,

I am just appalled at some of the people on that show. They are hilarous because they really do think that they are right and justified. Amazing. Judge Marilyn Milian kicks booty :)

Amy said...

I love those shows. What's funny to me is that THESE PEOPLE ACTUALLY EXIST!!! These are real people. Wow.