Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My Birthday Boy

Today my baby turns one! I have been so blessed to be called his mother. He is my joy and my light. I reminisced about his actulal birth here.

Unfortunately, today both Will and I are sick! We spent his "birthday minute" in the doctor's office. But, it looks like it's just bad allergies--no infection this time! That is not the case for me. On Monday I was feeling dizzy and went to the doctor. It turns out that I have double ear infections! Today, my head feels like it weighs about 50 lbs and my throat is raw, but since it is Will's birthday, I wanted to share some pictures. I made blueberry muffins for his birthday breakfast. Here he is about to blow out the candle:


Happy Will's Birthday to everyone! I hope your day is as blessed as mine. Even though I feel crummy, this marks the anniversary of one of the best days of my entire life. To all those who aren't yet parents, I wish you the joy you will experience each time your child smiles, laughs, needs a hug...every moment is blessed and cherished.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy birthday Will! Too bad he couldn't come two days earlier so we could share a birthday.

I'm sorry you're not feeling good on his birthday. At least that will only make it more memorable. I love the pictures!

Neena said...

Those pictures are cute. Happy Birthday to Will!!! I'm sorry your sick.

Larissa said...

Amen to that! He is such a cute boy!!!! Happy birthday Will!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Will!

Lauren said...

Thank you!

Kathy, Will was actually born on my great-grandfather's birthday. We figured if he couldn't be born on my dad's and my birthday, that was a good second. It's funny, because I really really considered taking castor oil on May 7th last year so he would be born on the 8th (which was Mother's Day). I decided against it and he ended up being born 2 days later!

Kathy said...

How funny, Lauren! I was supposed to have been born on Mother's Day (I think the 13th that year), but was born early on the 8th. Patrick was supposed to be born on the day my mom's dad passed away (also the day I graduated from college), but was instead born on Matt's dad's birthday. It's funny how all these dates turned out to be significant.

Robby and Lynsey said...

Happy Birthday Will!! (late)

Katherine said...

Happy (belated) birthday Will!! I hope you feel better soon, Lauren!! Next time you are in Abilene...I would love to see you!! God bless~