Thursday, May 25, 2006

Busy Bees

Okay, so I don't know if anyone is actually reading this anymore, since I haven't gotten many comments lately, but I will continue to post anyway :)

First off, things have been NUTS around here. I feel like we have been going and going non-stop. Poor Will took a four hour nap today because he was so exhausted. We started off the week by getting together on Sunday and Monday nights with our friends, Kathy and Matt (see post below). Tuesday, we attended the Journalism banquet at Big Spring High--one of our best friends, Leland, is the journalism adviser and we like to support him when we can. He has an awesome award-winning newspaper and yearbook, and some of the coolest kids ever. The banquet is always a fun time. Plus, free food (yea for Al's barbecue!).

Last night, while Scott and Will were at church, I went to one of the retirement homes in Big Spring to visit a sweet little lady by the name of Frankie. We had so much fun talking that I totally lost track of time and didn't get home until 8:30! I am one of the "writers/contributors" for our congregation's ladies newsletter and I interviewed Frankie for June's issue. When I got home, I sat down to type up the interview and format the newsletter. Just as I was finishing at 1:00 am, Will woke up quite unhappy and we spent about an hour convincing him that he was okay and could return to his bed to sleep. It was a long night to say the least!

And tonight, Harmony and I met our friend Katie for dinner at Pizza Hut. Katie and her family are moving to San Angelo this weekend and we are so sad! :( But, it is a good move for their family so we are excited for them, too. And, yea!, San Angelo is on the way to Katy from Big Spring, so hopefully we will get to see them from time to time. Katie's son, Cash, is almost exactly one year older than Will, so it's been fun to watch him grow and see what to expect from Will in the next year. I will miss them dearly.

Tomorrow night we have 2 graduation ceremonies to attend--Coahoma High School (I just learned to day that the word "coahoma" is an Indian word for "signal") and Forsan High School (similarly, I learned today that "Forsan" means 4 sands or 4 pay loads of oil. Wow!). They start at 7:00 and 8:00 pm respectively. It will be a busy evening.

This weekend we are going to my brother's "I'm-done-with-high-school!" party in Katy. We're driving. Eight hours one way. We'll leave Saturday and return Monday. I love you, Kendall :)

And, of course, next week is the last week of school, so things at work have been quite busy. We are trying to get everything done and in order for next year. Aaa!

So, enough rambling, I suppose. Hopefully I will come up with something interesting to post sometime soon. Until then, I leave you with this movie quote. Whoever guesses correctly gets the virtual gold star! :)

"I shan't tell my ant, I mean aunt, about the ants; nor the debutantes--shall I?"

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Lauren - I'm reading your blog - just catching up! So, I thought I'd comment and let you know. Things have been crazy here, too!

Noel Green said...

I still read it:)

Marta said...

I'm still reading! And the quoteis My Fair Lady, right? I love that movie!

Lauren said...

Yea, you still love me!

Marta, no, it's not My Fair Lady...but that is a VERY good guess! I love that movie too.

Amy said...

No idea what movie that is, but I AM still reading.

Josh said...

I still read. Have no idea where the quote is from! Give us a hint...please:)

Lauren said...

Okay the hint is -- "Let's get together"

:) Is it wrong to be excited that I've stumped y'all? He he :)

Anonymous said...

Parent Trap. My first guess was with Marta - My Fair Lady, but I should have known it would be the movie you have seen a million times. :) And I am still reading also.

Larissa said...

I'm still a loyal reader, just not a loyal comment poster. Parent trap is one of favs!!!!

Lauren said...

Yea, Harmony gets the gold star! The Parent Trap (from the 60s) is my all-time favorite movie. This is from the scene where Susan is pretending to be Sharon by using her newly-adopted Boston accent. She is saying goodbye to the camp director. Quite funny!

I love you all for keeping up with my crazy life. Maybe I should change my blog title to "Mi Vida Loco..."

Have a great Memorial Day weekend :0

Kathy said...

Yup, I'm still reading too. I just had to take a few days off when we had internet problems at my in-laws in Big Spring.

I should have known that's Parent Trap! I always loved Pollyanna, probably still one of my all-time favorites.

Neena said...

I still read too. Keep posting.

Terri said...

OK,

The early bird gets the worm BUT I knew it right away, with no hint. Aren't you proud of your entertainment question challenged mom? Probably, from all those times we watched it together.

Love you,
Can't wait to see you tomorrow.
Mom

Larissa said...

By the way, Happy Birthday!!!

Katherine said...

My first guess was My Fair Lady, too-but I remember that now from Parent Trap! Even though I am not a Lindsey Lohan fan, I like the remake, also-though I was not sure about it at first.

I thought about you many times yesterday and meant to wish you a Happy Birthday!! :) I hope it was awesome and you were able to spend it with your family-love ya, girl!!

Robby and Lynsey said...

still read ... glad i got the answer to the quote already ... happy late birthday! ... will also be going to MANY graduation ceremonies/parties as well.

good luck!