Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Mi Vida Loca

Well, I have no idea how November got here so fast. Wasn't it just Labor Day? Ahh! Christmas is almost here and I have yet to buy a single gift. Good grief. The holidays are just coming to fast for me this year. I have been so busy in the last week, yet I can't pinpoint what has made me so busy! It seems like there are never enough hours in the day to accomplish all the things I want to get done. I know you all feel the same way, too!

Actually, I guess you could say that we have bought a gift. For ourselves. Scott decided that this year, he was going to combine our presents to each other and his birthday present into one present and get this: Yes, Friends, it's the U2 special edition iPod. I do have pictures of the actual iPod, but they aren't very good, so we'll settle with the box. It's a neat little gadget. We have already downloaded lots of pictures, music, videos, and backed up our computer hard-drive. It's amazing what these little things can do.

On Thursday, my in-laws will arrive. It will be nice to see them and I know Will will be so excited to have people constantly giving him attention. We are also having a garage sale this weekend. It is long overdue. We should have done it months ago! But here we are, just now getting around to it. It was one of those things where I just said, "Okay, we're doing it this weekend. It's now or never!" I have had a box of garage sale stuff in the corner of my living room for waaaaaaaaayyyy too long. So, be praying for good weather this weekend!

Harmony, Abby and I went to Midland last Friday night. We went out to eat at Fazoli's and then saw The Prestige. Whoa, that movie was stinkin' awesome. It kept us talking the whole way back to Big Spring (about a 40 mile drive). If you like mysteries, somewhat super-natural type stuff, go see this movie!

That's all for now. On a patriotic note, I hope everyone voted today! It's our right and we should take advantage of being able to elect our own government leaders. Do you think Kinky will win?

2 comments:

Robby and Lynsey said...

Enjoy the I-pod! Technology just kills me sometimes. :) Also, have fun with the in-laws!!

ANd I heard about Kinky ... I hope he wins just for his name! :)

Larissa said...

Lauren,
It's about time for an update, don't ya think??? Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!