Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thankful

Thanksgiving has come and gone. It has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love the food--turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes (or yams), mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce...it's all so yummy. And how could I forget the pumpkin and pecan pie?

We had a great trip...it was much too short, but it was good. We enjoyed seeing family and it was nice to see a few family members that we hadn't seen in a long time. Good news is spreading...my youngest cousin is graduating high school this year and has chosen a university, another cousin is having a baby in the spring, and yet another is getting married in June. What blessings to be thankful for.


I love this time of year when we get to reflect on the blessings God has given us and spend time with those we love most. Somehow, life just seems better.


I have two trees up and one to go at my house. Then I have to put all the boxes away...ugh. That's the worst thing about decorating...finding something to do with the boxes for a month and then packing it all away. But we won't think about that for now. Bring on the season!

No comments: