Monday, November 20, 2006

November 20th Update

Oh, goodness, I know it's been forever. Sorry! Life has just gotten quite busy. I was really busy at the shop this last week or so because our Christmas Open House was this past Sunday. We were busy getting the finishing touches completed and cleaning really well. We had a great turn-out; I think about 200 people ended up coming through.




We have all been slightly sick the past couple of weeks, too. I had a UTI (if you know what that means, great, if not, I'm not going to explain it here!), then the very next week, an ear infection. Not fun! Scott has tonsilitis and Will has been complaining of an earache (which means he points to his ear and says, "Hurt"). Scott took him to the doctor today and he wasn't really sick enough to give him antibiotics, but if it gets worse, she did give us a perscription.


Other events of note: my in-laws came through almost two weeks ago. We had a good visit. Will had lots of fun with them and quickly started calling them Papa and Granny/Grammy. It was sad when they left, he kept asking for them. Now, if we say anything that remotely sounds like the word "papa," Will begins repeating it and looking around. It's really very cute. They were able to stay with us for about 3 days or so, and it was really good to see them. We will see them again at Christmas-time.



Last Friday, Scott's uncle came through town. He drives a truck and sometimes comes through on I-20. Many times, it's in the middle of the night, but this time was right in time for dinner. It was good to see him again, too. He brought Will a flight jacket that is so adorable. I will have to post a picture of him in it soon.


This week, we'll be spending Thanksgiving with my parents and grandmother in San Antonio. We hope to leave early Wed. morning and make it there by the afternoon. We have tried to come up with lots of things with which to entertain Will, so hopefully it will be a very successful trip!


For, now, that is all the news I have. I leave you with a few pictures of the shop...Happy Thanksgiving!

Santa Claus--isn't he gorgeous? He is so huge!!

Scott and Will dropped me off at work on Sudany, so we got a couple of pictures of him with the trees. This one is my favorite.

The "Western" section. I just love all the stars and such. Aren't those cool cowboy boot stockings?

3 comments:

Amy said...

San Antonio!? What's to stop you from making a pit stop in Austin?

Robby and Lynsey said...

I think I've missed reading an important post somewhere along the way ....

you're moving?
you work in that store?

Sorry you all were sick and hope you continue to get better.

Lauren said...

Lynsey,

No, we aren't moving...I'm not sure what I might have said to give you that impression...sorry!! We just went to San Antonio for Thanksgiving.

I do work in the store. I worked there a couple of years ago for about 2 years and in late October the owner called me and asked me if I would come back part-time. I was happy to help. The Christmas season is a big deal because of the Open House, so it was fun to help decorate the store.

~Lauren :)