Thursday, October 25, 2007

Little Trickster

My son is so smart. I try not to brag on him too much because I don't want to seem like an annoying mom who brags on her kids all the time...but...he really is.

I started giving him M&M's as an incentive to use the potty. He's been pretty interested, but I just wanted to jump start it a little more. Well, I told him he can have one M&M when he goes pee, and two when he does the other. After he goes, I let him pick what color he wants. Of course, he wants more immediately after he goes, but we remind him that he has to go pee in order to get another piece of candy. So, what does my son do? He has figured out that if he only goes pee a little bit and says he is done, he will get an M&M. Then, a few minutes later, he'll say he needs to go again and will pee a little more so he can get another candy. He thinks he's so tricky! But, I can't necessarily "make" him go all he needs to at one time. And, I did tell him he could have one M&M every time he goes pee in the potty. Funny.

************************************************************************************

On a much more serious note...my dad, Tim, is having back surgery tomorrow morning. He has an extremely herniated/ruptured disc in his lower back. Please keep him and his surgeon and surgical team in your prayers. We are hoping this will relieve over two months of extreme pain! Thank you.

2 comments:

Terri said...

he he he, that sounds like our boy!!

I am writing this from your dad's hospital room, he was feeling relief from pain immediately after surgery was over, now just has incisional pain. You of course, know this, but I am writing this to let your blog friends know. Thank you all so much for your prayers, they have meant so much to us. He should get to go home around noon tomorrow....

<3 mom

JulieC said...

Ok, so Kate TOTALLY did the same thing for a while with the mnm's and potty training! They are so funny. Now she goes when I make her and doesn't even ask for an mnm every time! But she still won't just tell me she needs to go. Anyway, your kids are too cute, and the princess and the pea costume was hilarious!!! :)

-Julie