Sunday, October 21, 2007

News and Such

Yea, the gas meter debacle is over! It only took a week for our neighbor to get his hot water back. It ended up being quite an ordeal with all the plumbing...I won't go into the details, but let me just say I am SOOO glad we have auto insurance.

Scott has been sick now for about a week. As long as he's taking Tylenol, he feels okay, but when he doesn't he's running about a 100 degree fever. We were suspicious of mono for a while, but he was tested on Friday and it came back negative. Hopefully he's just got an ultra-tough virus who will be moving on soon (hopefully not to me or my kids!).

In spite of sickness, we travelled to Lubbock on Friday night for a wedding in which Scott officiated. It was his first and he did great! The bride was in our youth group when we first moved to Big Spring for all of about four months (she was a senior that year), and the groom was a freshman at LCU when we were seniors. So, we actually knew some of the wedding party and guests as we went to school with them. We stayed with Scott's best friend, Jake, and his wife Cheri and two girls. I had not seen them in two years, though Scott had. It was fun catching up and seeing how their girls had grown. Unfortunately, because of the wedding schedule and children being children, we couldn't see any of our other Lubbock friends. But we thought of you and love you all!

Our kids are doing well...Will is just so cute. He says the most wonderful things like, "I love you so much, Mommy," and "I love Claire so much!" He also likes to ask us "How's it going?" He's at a fun age.

Claire is just growing and growing. She thinks she is so big and wants to sit up already. She tries, but she's just not quite capable yet! She also loves to smile and chatter and the other night, Daddy made her have her first belly laugh. It was great!

For those who have asked how to make your own playlist...just click on mine where it says "Create a playlist" and it should take you to that website (which is, I think, www.playlist.com?) and it will be pretty self-explanatory. When you're done making the list, it should give you an option to embed the html into your myspace, blog, etc. Copy the html and go to your layout page for blogger and choose where you want to embed the html. If you have any questions, you can always ask!

Happy fall...yea, a cold front is coming tomorrow and it's supposed to be in the 60's!!

3 comments:

Larissa said...

I chuckled at that first paragraph! Only a week! I bet that was one long week for them! Thanks for the directions on how to put the playlist on there. I have mine almost done, but I didn't know how to put it on my blog. I'm sure you'll have lots of followers on that one!

Daphne said...

Yea! Old ladies can learn new tricks! I now have music on my blog! I'll have to add to it but at least it's a start! Thanks so much!

Daphne

Lauren said...

No problem...glad I could help!

Yeah, I was being really sarcastic about them going without hot water for a week. We did offer for them to use our showers, but they had family members in town, so I guess they just went over there. Thankfully, the cold front hadn't come through yet or that could've been really bad!!