Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Amazing!!!!

Two posts in two days??? Ahhh!!! Where is Lauren and what have you done with her?

Nah...just kidding. It's me. Really. I am alive (Mom). And I am jumping for joy. My husband's semester is OVER!! Yea. He's celebrating in style by going to be before one o'clock in the morning for once this year. He's been in bed since eleven. Hopefully my clickety-clacking on the keyboard isn't disturbing him too much.

Anyway, I just wanted to post a few pictures and also tell you that I put up a post on my work blog. I created this blog back at the end of January, but things got so crazy around home and work that I really just couldn't keep it up for a while. I don't know if anyone ever looks at it or even knows it exists (I only ever did one post on it and we didn't ever put the web address on our statements or anything, so there is really no reason for anyone to know it exists except my boss and I. But I suppose one might stumble upon it if and when they searched for "Inspirations Flowers and Gifts."). So, anywho-ey...go check it out! It has lots of cool pictures of our works of genius :)

Okay...on to the fun stuff:

Uncle Kendall making waves in the pool for Will to ride. He LOVED it.

My mom thought this was too hilarious. She wanted to paint Claire's toenails. So to distract her we grabbed the first thing we found that we thought she couldn't hurt and it happened to be a tampon box. My mom took about ten pictures of Claire with this tampon box!

Mom and Dad's church has the most beautiful garden. There is even a pond in it that they use as their baptistry (I'm sure it's chlorinated and I know it has safety rails and steps, etc.). When they have baptisms, they video it and the congregation watches it live from inside the auditorium. It's pretty darn cool. Anyway, here are a few pics of Will in the garden. (Claire was asleep!)


The Malletts came to town a couple of weeks ago so Leland could help his old Big Spring kids with their yearbook. We were blessed to spend three different meals with them and their precious kids. Here's a pic of the baby girls--Claire and Reese--standing at our coffee table.

Will's birthday is Saturday and we are having a rootin', tootin' cowboy party. My mom found some western duds at her favorite store, Gymboree, and we got the package in the mail today; in time for Will to wear them to his party on Friday! Thanks, Nana! We love them!

3 comments:

Thailand Tracey said...

Lauren,
Cool new format! Happy birthday to Will, and Happy Mother's Day to you! Where do the years go? Seems like just yesterday we were playing school...then I blinked and you were driving a car...and before I knew it, I was wiping away tears of joy as you walked down the aisle to become Scott's bride.
So proud of the beautiful young woman...mother...wife that you are. Don't know that I'll be blogging much from CA, so I want to wish you a happy vacation.
Enjoy!
Tracey
P.S. Please tell Scott congratulations from us!

Cheri said...

Love the new look! And love that life will slow down some for ya'll! Good pics of the kids!

Lauren said...

Tracey, thank you for your kind words! Love you :)

Cheri, thanks for your compliment on my new look :) I was beginning to wonder if anyone had noticed! :) Just kidding...everyone probably thought they were at the wrong page! My blog had been the same for so long...I needed a change. It was fun!