Tuesday, May 06, 2008

An End in Sight

I just wanted to give a quick update on the goings-on around here. We have an end in sight to some of our madness. Scott's last paper was emailed yesterday and his last final will be taken tomorrow afternoon.

This is Will's birthday week--he will turn 3 on Saturday! We will have a mini-party at pre-school with cupcakes and then a "big" party at home on Friday evening. Our party at home will have a cowboy theme and we'll eat hotdogs. We've invited our church friends to that party. So this week (actually more like Thursday and Friday) will be filled with lots of cleaning the house for guests and baking.

Finally, it is Mother's Day week. For those of you who know me, you know that's almost as stressful at my job as Valentine's Day. Thankfully, we just have to send things to women on Mother's Day, so that cuts out a lot. Also, it's a lot of plants and mixed arrangements, as opposed to lots of dozen-red-roses and balloons.

After this week, we hope to see things calm down quite a bit around our house. Next Thursday, we'll be heading out of town to embark on our vacation! We are going to Destin and Panama City, Florida, with my parents. Also, Scott's mom and dad live a very short distance from the beach, so we'll be spending time with them, too. It'll be a fun way to end the semester. We are all looking VERY forward to it! We'll return on Memorial Day weekend and then that Tuesday after will be my 29th birthday. Woo-hoo! I like birthdays :)

Well, kids, I don't have a lot to say other than that. And I don't really have any pictures, either. For a couple of cute ones of my kids at my parents house, head on over to my mom's blog and check 'em out.

Happy Mother's Day to all you awesome mamas out there and blessings to you!

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Time sure does fly. I can't believe Will is turning 3 - it seems like the other day we were at the hospital. Enjoy your fun filled week and especially your vacation.

Cheri said...

Not only is a birthday around the corner, but an anniversary!! Can you believe we've all been married 8 years!!!! Sometimes, it seems like it has flown by; other times it seems like its been 30 years!
Our lives are crazy around here, too. So if I don't get back to writing again - Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to both of you!