Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Recently

Well, Scott is home and we are back to normal. Kind of. I mentioned in one of my birthday posts that Will has been sick yet again. He started running fever a few days after Scott returned home and it got up to 103.3. He was just miserable and he was having trouble turning his head (sore lymph nodes in his neck), as he has been the last several times he's been sick. We took him to the doctor and reminded her that this is the fourth time he's been in with a sore throat since May (our regular pediatrician moved this summer, so we've seen two or three different people since May). She agreed that it was tonsillitis again (his left tonsil was swollen past the midpoint of his throat) and said it was time to see an ENT.

I was able to get an appointment early the next week with an ENT in Midland. This doctor comes highly regarded and recommended. It was so nice to have him listen to us and take our concerns to heart. He examined Will's throat and asked us about his sicknesses this past year and concluded that it is time for Will to have a tonsillectomy. As I said, this doctor is highly regarded and a Christian, so I feel very comfortable putting my son in his hands for surgery.

Will's surgery takes place on August 13th (my little brother's 21st birthday!) in Midland. Please keep him in your prayers. It will probably be a tough recovery, but I am just looking forward to having my son healthy and happy after it is all over and done with. These past few months have been very difficult with him being sick every two or three weeks. Hopefully that will be put to an end!

Other news...I have changed my work schedule again. I am going to be spending Mondays and Tuesdays at home with Claire (and maybe Will--we have to iron out some things first) and she will go to Children's Day Out on Wednesdays and Fridays and stay home with Scott on his day off on Thursdays. We are hoping this will reduce my stress level and increase the level of cleanliness at our house! Also, Claire has gotten to an age where she wants to be playing, crawling (not walking yet!), etc. all the time and she just can't do that at my workplace without getting into everything and making messes of herself and lots of other things! Not that my boss wanted her to go...she is actually quite sad Claire will be leaving the office, but it will just make me a more effective employee. I'll probably be able to do as much or more in three days than I was able to do in five with Claire around.

In a couple of weeks, we are going with our youth group kiddos to Arlington for a Six Flags trip. Bonus! We also get to see the Malletts, our dear friends who left us out here in West Texas a year ago. I am excited to get to see our pals. We haven't told Will yet, but I know he will be super excited to see Ryland and Raylee too.

I'll leave you with a few cute pics from the last couple of weeks:






Claire loved playing the piano! She was even singing along as she hit the keys.



Will, wearing Claire's hat. He wanted to wear it because it was green and so were his shirt and pants. Matchy, matchy!




And finally, while I was in Katy I used my birthday money (plus a little extra) to purchase a new bedding set for our bedroom. I surprised Scott with it when he came home. I really love the colors and the curtains make our room REALLY dark which we LOVE!

3 comments:

Marta said...

Your kids are just too cute! And I LOVE your new bedroom stuff! It looks great!

Harmony said...

Your bedroom looks awesome - I love it! We are so excited to see you guys also - can't wait.

Cheri said...

Love the room!!!

Poor Will, and poor mom and dad. It's awful as a parent watching your child go through something you'd much rather go through yourself.

I hope that he recovers well enough for Scott to go to TCC. We'll be there again. Maybe one of these days, you'll be able to come, too. We'd love to see you, too!

Spent last week in Farmington reminiscing with Jake a lot about he and Scott. It was a great trip!

Let us know how Will does!