Thursday, July 03, 2008

Still there?

Are you still there?? I am still here! I know...it's been almost a month since I've posted anything and you probably have every right to NOT check my blog anymore, but hey, give me a break. I've been pretty busy and therefore wiped out whenever I do have time.

So...what's been going on, you might ask? About the minute we got back from our Florida trip, Will became sick again (he had just finished a round of antibiotics). We got him well and then a few days later he was sick again. I'm beginning to think this kid may need to get his tonsils removed.

Then, last week, Claire started running fever...a pretty hot one too...about 100 to 102 degrees. She was really irritable and not eating well. She was super-restless at night. I chalked it up to teething, but by the fourth day of the fever, I was thinking maybe it was something else. Especially since I hadn't seen anything tooth-like in her mouth. I took her to the doc on Monday and he said her throat was red and prescribed Amoxicillin. Tueday, she woke up with a rash. I immediately thought, she's allergic to penicillin, because both my parents and I are. I took her back to the doctor and he said that he was pretty sure the rash would have come even if she hadn't taken the Amoxicillin because of her other symptoms. He said she had the "three-day measles" or Roseola. He did change her meds (probably just to set my mind at ease). He rash is pretty much gone now and she is eating and sleeping better. However, I have been giving her Benedryl to help with the itchiness of the rash! :)

In the meantime, Scott was busy getting ready for three back-to-back events starting on June 28th. He left last Saturday for Wilderness Trek in Colorado and will be returning on the 5th, only to turn around the VERY NEXT DAY and drive back to Wyoming for a mission trip. He will return from that on July 13th and our local VBS begins at 9:00 AM on the 14th and lasts three days. Thankfully, for the first two trips he doesn't have just a ton of responsibilities once he's there, but it is physically taxing. However, for VBS he is in charge and that comes at the very end of two physically exhausting trips. Please keep him in your prayers.

So, when not caring for sick kids and helping busy husband, I've been at work. Work has been a little nutty lately as it is full-swing wedding season and we only have one designer (we used to have three!). Since she's the only one, we've all been trying to pick up some of the slack.

Since Scott will be gone for two consecutive weeks, the kids and I have made the trip down to old H-town to stay with my parents. My mom flew in to Midland on the 1st and we drove here yesterday. On the way, we were able to visit my brother, Kendall, at his workplace, Callahan's General Store, in Austin, where he is a hat blocker. Then we ate dinner with him and his girlfriend, Stephanie. It was good to see them; it had been April when we saw them last.

The kids and I will be here until the 9th, when my dad will drive us back home. That means we will be here to celebrate Claire's first birthday! Tomorrow, we are going to my aunt's lakehouse for the Fourth and will have a little party for her there. So, I will definitely be posting again in the next few days to document that!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Hey, Lauren! We'll be around the whole time you're in Houston, so give me a call or an e-mail if you want to hang out.

Harmony said...

Crazy fun times for sure! Enjoy that birthday party.

Neena said...

I understand not posting for a while. I hope all of our parties go well.

Marta said...

I'm still reading! Man, summer is so busy when you're in youth ministry! We'll be praying that you all find some rest in the midst of it all! And, of course, that all of Scott's trips go safely! Have a good time with your parents! Happy early birthday to Claire! Can't believe she's so big already!