Thursday, August 17, 2006

No News

Well, I lied. I didn't mean to, but I did. I don't have any news. What I can tell you is this: next week Will is scheduled to have a little procedure/same-day surgery on Thursday. I am not going to give any details because it is a type of surgery that if I did give details, I would be hearing, "Mom!! I can't believe you put that on the Internet!!" in about 11 years. So, let's just leave it at that.

We went for the pre-surgery consult today (no idea why they must do it a week ahead of time), and of course, Will has been feverish and irritable the past couple of days. So, after the consult, we had to take him to his pediatrician to make sure that he was okay for the surgery. She looked in his ears, and sure enough, one was pretty red. She ordered a shot of anitbiotics and labwork just to make sure the infection isn't so bad that his white blood cell count is high. All that said, we won't find out if we are actually able to have the surgery until tomorrow mid-morning when the bloodwork comes back from the lab. Please pray that Will is alright and we can get this surgery over and done with soon. It is frustrating to have it looming over our heads! I am praying that his bloodwork will come back all good and the shot of antibiotics will nip that infection in the bud. (The reason all this is such a big deal is that Will will have to be put under general anesthesia for the procedure and they can't risk any sickness, etc. when they do that--a good reason!)

Well, that is all I have for now. I hope everyone has had a great day. Love and blessings~~

No comments: