Thursday, August 31, 2006

Tuesday-Thursday

Much has transpired since my last post. The little lady I was supposed to interview on Tuesday was taken to the hospital about an hour and half before I was to meet her and her daughter. Suffice it to say, our ladies' newsletter did not have an interview this month. However, I did finish getting it formatted, printed, copied, and mailed out. The ladies of 14th & Main should receive their own copy tomorrow.

Yesterday, I subbed at Big Spring High for the first time. When I quit my job last year, I told the teacher I worked with that I would sub for her and her aide (my old job) whenever they needed me since I knew their system. Well, when one of my friends found out that I was on the sub list, he asked me to sub for him, too. I agreed, because I know a lot of his students and therefore I know that most of them do what they are supposed to do when they are told. So, yesterday was my first time to sub for his class. It was fairly easy; he left me pretty detailed instructions and several of his classes ran themselves, but it was definitely a new experience for me! Next time will be easier.

On Tuesday night, I went and played Bunko with some of the young ladies from church. I had never played before, but it was quite easy to learn and very fun. I wanted to play longer...I was kind of sad when the game ended. I can see how people can get addicted to it. Anyway, that afternoon, I put Will down for a nap around 3:45 and then left my house that at 4:20 to help my friend, Harmony, cook. I didn't return until after Will had been put to bed and the next morning I left the house to sub at about 7:35. I picked Will up that afternoon at 3:45. That meant I didn't see Will for 24 hours! It was strange. I guess I kind of prepared myself, though, because this weekend I will be gone for about 3 days total. I am leaving on Friday afternoon and won't return until Monday afternoon. I am going for a girls' weekend while Scott and Will have their own little boys' weekend at home. As much as I hate leaving them for such a long amount of time, I am really looking forward to my trip. I plan to have lots of fun :)

And finally, I have dyed my hair yet again. I know you guys must think I am a hair-dying fool, but I am really not. I decided to go back to my natural color since my red had faded out so much. It will be good because I won't have to go to the salon every few weeks to get it touched up. Actually, it still looks kind of auburn-y, so I might have to go back and get her to do it over. We'll see. I really like it, though :)

I'm not sure if I will have time to post again before I leave tomorrow, so everyone have an excellent Labor Day weekend! God bless~~

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I finally got the before and after surgery pics up on our other blog www.pratherplace.blogspot.com. You can click on the link in my sidebar if you wish to view them (they aren't scary pictures :)). Hopefully I will soon be adding some of the professional pictures we had made.