Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Butterflies

Apparently it is butterfly migration season around here. There are butterflies EVERYWHERE! One day I was driving in our neighborhood and they looked like leaves falling from the trees. It is amazing. I took Will on a walk this morning to get a few pictures of them before they go. Sad to say, these pictures were all taken in neighbors' yards...I don't have a green thumb to keep up with flowers like these ladies do. Also, my photography skills are less than stellar and the sun was shining on my picture display, so they're not the best pictures, but you get the idea. Enjoy!

This one is a tad blurry, but there are several butterflies in the shot.



This bush was absolutely covered in monarch butterflies.

As we strolled by, they were startled and started to fly around. I kept hoping one would land on Will, but they never did.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh, how fun!! I would LOVE to walk around the neighborhood and have butterflies to look at! They are so pretty!

Harmony said...

The butterflies have been beautiful the past week. We haven't gotten any pictures yet though. We might have to steal some of yours. :)

Robby and Lynsey said...

pretty