Friday, September 22, 2006

Morning Mayhem

This morning, the phone rang at 6:45. It was the automated substitute-finder people. I pressed the button that you are supposed to press when you don't want to sub. The phone rang again at 7:20. This time, it was actually a real person from the high school calling. I told her no, I couldn't do it and I was sorry, maybe next time. I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. I felt guilty. I probably laid there for over half and hour trying to go back to sleep. Will eventually woke up around 9:50 and I begrudingly got out of bed (you all hate me, I know). He has been ill (I won't go into specifics) so I gave him a quick bath. After the bath he kept saying "tired" and putting his head down. I gave him milk to drink while I got ready to feed him breakfast. He promptly threw up. Everywhere. It was quite disgusting.

So, he got another bath and Scott came home to help me clean up all the puke. It was a very good thing I didn't go to the high school today! I no longer feel guilty for saying no.

So, how was your morning??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh, your least favorite body fluid......... what a morning for you. So sad for Will, what a rough week on both ends of the poor little guy. Hope he's feeling better, and you're over your puke sighting :)

Anonymous said...

Ewwww...puke. It is a good thing you didn't take that sub job today. Otherwise, they would have been finding a sub for the sub!