Monday, September 18, 2006

Take Two

I tried to post last night, but our power went out in the middle of my typing. Bummer!

It is going to be a busy week for me. Yesterday kicked it off with me teaching the kindergarten and first grade Bible class at church. I had seven little girls in class, no boys. It was quite a hoot. I also had singing practice with our little Doo-Wop group after evening services. I got someone to sing my part with me (yea!!), so we went over the things we had practiced last week and worked on a new song. It's going pretty well, so far. I love singing and have really missed it since college when I would sing for at least an hour each day. Practicing things over and over can get a little old, but when you get it right and you sound so good, it makes one happy inside.

Today I am subbing at BSHS and I will be for the next two days as well. It's fairly easy and I get a little extra money for my troubles, so it's a good thing. I just didn't realize when I set up these jobs that I would be subbing for three consecutive days. Oh well, Thursday will be welcome when it gets here.

Last week was a good week. I didn't sub at all, so it was a "normal" week for Will and I. He went to CDO on Wednesday and I used the opportunity of his absence for getting some cleaning and laundry done. I also went out to eat with a couple of friends whose kids also go to CDO. I think we'll make it a regular thing. On Friday, Will and I went to Midland and had lots of fun shopping (well, okay, I did). He was so good for me. I am very blessed. Friday night, Scott and I gave Will over to one of his surrogate grandmothers and went out on the town. Woo hoo! We went to a little cafe downtown and after we ordered our after-dinner mochas and chais, we went back to our house to watch a movie we had received from Netflix. Real crazy, I know. But we still enjoyed not having to worry about Will for a while. He had a great time playing at their house, too.

So, what else can I share? Oh, yeah. I almost got killed three times on the way home for lunch today. That was lots of fun. One of my biggest pet peeves is when drivers do not take their proper turn at lights and stop signs! And it is very hard to drive in high heels! Okay, there's my gripe for the day.

I guess I had better go ahead and go back to the school. Class starts at 1:40 pm and it is now 1:05. I hope everyone has a blessed week...I do not know when I'll have an opportunity to post again. Check back soon :)

No comments: