Saturday, September 09, 2006

Outta Whack

What shall I write about today? There has been a lot going on and I don't want to bore you all with the details, but hey, why not?

All week I was having some bad back pain in my lower left side. By Wednesday night, I was wincing every few seconds. I couldn't sit, stand, walk, lie down...anything without discomfort. So on Thursday morning, I called the chiropractor. We just had a chiropractor place membership with our church, so I went to him. When I called, they said to come right over, as soon as I could get there. So, I hurriedly got dressed, put on a touch of mascara, grabbed all our gear, and dropped Will off with Scott to get over there. Since it was my first visit to him, I had to fill out lots of paperwork and he did an exam/consultation thingy. Evidently I had more than one reason to be in so much pain. My back was pretty whacked out. I was there for an hour and a half after the exam and adjustment! And I was looking like death warmed over...I really can't even describe it to you without grossing myself out. So, I went to the church to pick up Will from Scott. At this point it was 12:30 and I knew Scott had made plans to eat with one of our youth group kids who is now in college. Of course, he was at the church with one of his friends. I was mortified. They proceed to tell me that we are going to one of the most popular restaurants in town for lunch! Ah! I was a good sport and went. I ended up seeing at least three other people that I know there, too. I wanted to crawl in a hole and never come out.

Other events of late: Harmony and I are in a little singing group for our church's ladies day. We are singing some Doo-Wop songs (it is a fifties theme; they are even having an Elvis impersonater come!). The last time we did this, we just sang hymns, and we were singing the same part. Well, this time, she is singing Soprano I, and I am singing Alto II! Quite a difference. So we've been practicing together a bit this week and it has been interesting. Not bad, just interesting! I'm highly anticipating tomorrow when we get together with the other ladies and see how we all sound together. Most of my parts are just "do do ba do" and "boom boom ba boom." Yea for bass!

Yesterday, Will and I went to the park for the first time with another mom and kid. We met Abby and Malakai and had a good time swinging, sliding, running around, and for Abby and I--chatting. We realized again what a small world we live in when Abby told me that some of her family's life long friends that live in Katy were some of my family's good friends too! I am continually amazed at all the connections I seem to have with so many people. After our park adventure, I came home and cooked dinner. I also made chocolate chip cookies. Those of you who are very close to me know what I did to my last batch of chocolate chip cookies (no, I will not elaborate, but they were still edible...and yummy!). These turned out slightly better except that I got distracted and burnt one sheet-full. Argh! This morning I made cinnamon rolls. I was very careful to set the timer and put it closer to our bedrooms so I would hear it when it went off. What one must do, however, when baking, is make sure one puts the oven at the right temperature. Twenty minutes at 375 degrees is very different from twenty minutes at 425 degrees. To make the morning worse, we had no Diet Coke in the refrigerator and we had not brewed coffee. Blast!

The reason I really wanted cinnamon rolls and coffee (or possibly a Diet Coke) this morning is because Scott, Will and I went to Abilene for ACU's computer auction (our home computer died; the computer I'm working on is Scott's from work). However, when we got there to really look at what they had, we decided that they didn't really have what we wanted. So we went to the mall and bought each of us a new pair shoes (see Prather Place for Will's story). The guys got tennis shoes and I got some black dress shoes. Yippee. We had to be home by five so Scott could be up at the church by six for a youth event. It has been a good day. I think I will end it by finishing a book I have been reading all summer (hey folks, it's 1443 pages long!). I read all the way home from Abilene and it is very exciting. If you like historical fiction/romance/time-travel/action, etc., etc., start reading Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. They're hefty books, but worth it.

The next time something interesting happens, I will let you know!! 'Til then, God bless :)

No comments: