Monday, September 25, 2006

Weekend Update

What a weekend. That's all I can think to say.

Will was better on Saturday morning, so we went ahead and went to a youth rally in Midland. I must confess that the reason I wanted to go to the youth rally wasn't really to do the youth rally type of thing, but to see one of my best friends, Kara. So, she and I skipped out and took all of our kids (she has two) to the mall and Target. We had a good time and the kids did really well. We wanted to get back to the rally in time to listen to Legacy (4 guys that used to be in Best Friends) perform. They said they would start at 3:00, but they really started at about 2:40. So we missed the first couple of songs. At four, Scott and I decided we needed to head home and put Will to bed since he refused to nap all day (none of our youth group kids were able to come, so it was just us).

When we got home, we tried to get Will to eat some dinner but he refused. He was so tired, we went ahead and put him in his pj's and put him down. We were pretty sure he would sleep all night. Scott and I ate dinner and watched some television and then started getting ready for bed. Scott mentioned that he wasn't feeling too well. In fact, he felt so bad that we decided it would be best if we slept in different beds. Right around midnight, he started puking. He kept it up all night long, poor guy. At 1:30, Will woke up and must have been starving because he wanted milk and just kept chugging it and chugging it. I tried to make him slow down, but he wouldn't. It came back up shortly after. It was a weird sensation...I've never had cold vomit on me before. Anyway, after a long night, we did not go to church yesterday morning. Scott was supposed to lead singing, so he had to find a replacement for that, for his class, and for another class whose substitute wasn't going to be able to make it either. Scott slept pretty much the entire day yesterday and he is feeling much better today. Will is still not eating as much as normal, but he seems to be better as well.

Today was my first time to go to "Right At Home," a Bible study and work-out program for stay at home moms. It was really fun. I think I am really going to enjoy the Bible study. The work-out pretty much kicked my booty today. I am horribly out of shape. All my muscles are mush. So, hopefully that will get better with time. Will's follow-up appointment (from his surgery) is this afternoon, so we'll be anxious to see what the doc has to say. Here's to a healthy and happy rest of the week!

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Throwing up is the worst!! I'll take sinus surgery recovery over dealing with puke any day of the week!! Hope everyone gets back to normal soon. (And, that you don't catch it!) Your Bible study and work out program sounds SO cool!! What a fabulous idea. Our Youth Ministers wife is wanting to start a Bible study . . . I may pitch that idea to her. I would LOVE it!

April Carrasco said...

I hope everyone is feeling better. There is nothing worse than sick babies! OK, maybe sick husbands :)!!

Larissa said...

Ohhhh I feel Scott's pain! I hope you don't get sick too. I got it, then Nathan. It was terrible. Throwing up is the worst!

Larissa said...

BTW...I like how on your profile, it says you are in the "non-profit" industry. That's funny...but if you think about it, you have a family who is greatly profitting from it! It just doesn't pay much!

Larissa said...

Oh my goodness Lauren...I just had to tell you that next Saturday here in Lubbock, they are having the "Weiner" International dog race. I am going to enter Frank! You should enter your Frank!