Sunday, October 01, 2006

Wow, What A Weekend

It's been full and busy, that's for sure...

On Friday morning, I finally interviewed that sweet little old lady from our church and her daughter for our Ladies' Newsletter. I came home and took over Will duty from Scott for a while and as soon as he went down for his nap, I got started writing the article. I finished it and sent it to my "co-editor" by 12:30. At four, we went to the BSHS homecoming parade (to see pictures click here). As soon as it was over, we went and ate dinner at one of our favorite barbecue places--which is now smoke-free thanks to the new city ordinance (yea!). We went home for a quick rest before the big game. Since Will hadn't been sleeping well at night (or for his naps) we only stayed through half-time. Even though they eventually lost, it was fun.

On Saturday morning we slept as much as possible. I got up with Will from 9:00 to 10:30 and then went back to bed after putting him down for his "nap." He decided to start making noise about 15 minutes into it, so Scott got up and played with him until 12:00 when he woke me up to eat breakfast/lunch :) We spent most of the afternoon trying to get Will to take a nap, which he fervently refused to do. During one of his screaming bouts, I finally saw the two little culprits...two little teeth (pre-molars) were peeking through his poor little gums. We had suspected this, but it was nice to have confirmation and a reason to all the sleepless nights and screaming fits he's been having the past few days.

At 4:15, he finally went down for a nap. We were supposed to go to the Malletts' at 6:30 for supper, but we didn't dare wake him up. Thus, we didn't arrive until a little after 7:00. When we got there, we still had to finish cooking supper and eat it. The main reason for going over was so that Harmony and I could work on our poodle skirts for our the Ladies' Fabulous Fifties party in a couple of weeks. Everyone is supposed to "dress-up," but we figured we'd have a little fun since we are singing in the Doo-Wop group. After a little sewing-machine/brain malfunction, we began the process of actually putting the skirts together. By 10:30, we had the skirts rudimentarily sewn together. Leland got some comical pictures of their cat trying to help me cut the pattern...hopefully they'll send them to me so I can share.

Today, we went to the St. Lawrence Fall Festival after church. St. Lawrence is a little "German" community about 30 minutes south of Big Spring. Every year they have a sausage festival at the Catholic church (really the only thing out there). It was a pretty fun excursion. The sausage and brisket were delicious. There was so much food on my plate that it didn't even really look like I'd eaten anything when I finished. They also had a little petting zoo, so we just stood on the outside and let Will see the pigs, sheep, goats, and llama. Yes, they had a llama.

Before evening service, I had singing practice for our 50's party; then, after church, our preacher and his wife had a bunch of people over for supper and fellowship. It has been a very good weekend, but a long one. I'm looking forward to sleeping (I hope!) tonight and resting tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Terri said...

The pics are SO cute!!!!!! Looks like the kiddos are having a great time. What great memories you are making :) Can't WAIT to see you guys on Friday!