Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What's Going On...

I finally have some time to sit and write an update of what's happened in the past week. As I said last week, I got lots of things accomplished before my mom got here on Friday. Her plane came in at 10:30 on Friday morning and we picked her up from the airport. While in Midland, we went to Home Depot to get some new hardware for our kitchen cabinets and drawers. Since our house is so old, our cabinets are very outdated...I'm thinking at least 70's, so we decided that it is time to update it a little. When we got home, Scott went to pick up a piano from one of our member's homes. They called him a couple of weeks ago and asked if he would like to take it off their hands and of course he said yes. So he and a former youth group member went to pick it up. The piano has taken up residence in our "formal" living room. Yea! That room has always been a big temptation to Will, who loves to go in there and bang around on the glass chess set on the glass coffee table. Now, he has even more reason to want to venture in there...a whole big instrument that makes cool noises when you touch it! Thus said, we keep that room closed off almost all the time.

The rest of the time Mom was in town was mostly spent watching the second season of Lost. My dad got hooked on it last year and got the first season on DVD for Christmas. He got us hooked on it, too. A couple of weeks ago when the second season came out on DVD, they bought it, so I asked her to bring it with her if she could. We ended up watching the entire season in three days! That makes it sound like all we did was watch TV, but we really didn't. I promise. But, it was so good. That show is so crazy. I just can't believe all the questions they keep posing and the lack of answers. My big question is, how are they going to tie all this stuff together/how will it all resolve?? Well, Scott and I are completely caught up now because we watched the first show of this season on the Internet. So, yea, we know everything that the rest of the world knows about what's happened thus far.

On Monday, we ate lunch/dinner at On the Border for Mom's birthday. We shared a chocolate ice cream pie that was very yummy. After we dropped Mom off, we got Will's Halloween costume from Target. He will be going as a puppy this year and he looks so very cute. I also got some face paint because I am going to attempt to paint his face (we'll see how that goes over!). I will definitely post pictures of him on Halloween when he is all done up.

Yesterday I got my hair dyed. Again. But this was a redo, since the last time didn't work. So now my hair really is brown again. Whew. I'm so glad to get past all the dyeing...now when my hair grows out, no one will be the wiser :) Last night, I went to Harmony's and we worked on the appliques for our poodle skirts. After we got them all cut out, we started pinning them on and thinking about how to sew them. I decided to cop out and try fabric glue. I am still waiting for everything to dry to see if it actually worked. I hope it did. That's a lot of hand-sewing if it didn't work! We still have to attach sequins some how, so we'll see...but it seems to be going well so far. The big "Fabulous Fifties" party is this weekend; I will be sure to take pictures of everyone all dressed up. Fun!

That brings us to today...have a great rest of the week!

No comments: