Monday, October 16, 2006

Back in the Saddle

The working world has beckoned me back, folks. That's right, I am going back to work part-time starting Wednesday. I am going back to the flower shop where I worked for two years (2002-2004). My former boss (and current, I guess) and I remained friends since I left and she called me and asked if I would be interested in coming back to work some. She is hiring and wanted to see if I would be interested so she could hire around my schedule if I wanted to come back. I really loved working at the shop and only left in 2004 to get benefits. Scott and I really thought about this a lot and decided the extra money would be nice.

So, I am going to work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons and Wednesdays from 10:00 til 2:30 while Will is at Children's Day Out. I think I will enjoy it. I like having something to do (not that I don't have enough to do at home!). Christmas is right around the corner and it's time to start decking the shop out in lights, trees, and garland, and that is always fun :) Please pray for my new venture and that it works out for our family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say What? This must be a recent development since I didn't even know about it... So, who's keeping Will the afternoons you're working, or is it late enough for Scott to be with him?

I'm sure Laura will love having you back and you were awesome at arranging the displays :)

Larissa said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I can see you being good at that!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun job!!! Just be careful who watches your kiddo. Check out http://www.daycaresdontcare.org/ - be careful! (Found your blog at random, you don't know me)

Lauren said...

Anonymous,

I am pretty confident in my child's caregiver...he's my husband! Also, he goes to Children's Day Out at the Methodist Church on Wednesdays and he's been going there since he was 3 mos. old, so I'm pretty confident with them, too. Thanks :)