Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Bunko, etc.

Last night I had Bunko at our house. I had fun planning it and getting my house ready. I didn't really enjoy cleaning it, but I enjoyed it once it was clean. I even took pictures of it today while it is still clean and no one has messed it up yet! I wanted pictures to remind me of what my house looks like when it is all pretty and clean :)

Since it's October, I did a very "fall" themed Bunko party. All the prizes were "fall-ish" and I got out all my Fall/Halloween decor. I also found some pretty paper plates and napkins. It turned out nice. I made baked potatoes and had pumpkin pie for dinner. When I went shopping for my potaotes, condiments, pie, etc. on Tuesday night, I decided it would be fun to get a great big pumpkin and carve it into a jack-o-lantern to sit on the front porch. So, when I got home at 11:30 from the store on Tuesday night, Scott and I carved "him" up. Scott had never carved a pumpkin before (or at least he doesn't remember doing it), so it was a fun experience. I hadn't carved one it a very long time either. I had forgotten how potent and slimy pumpkin guts are. We also separated out the seeds from the pulp and roasted the seeds. I had never done that so I had to look up the instructions on the Internet. It was really easy (I knew it would be) and they taste really good!

Today I subbed at the high school. I am so tired! I am just glad all that big stuff is over and I don't have to worry about my house being really clean anymore :) However, my in-laws are stopping through in a couple of weeks, so if we can keep it clean for a little longer...

As for other news, not much else is happening. So far, working at the shop again has been going well. I have had to refresh on several procedures, but it has come back to me fairly easily. The main concern right now is getting Christmas stuff out and looking beautiful. That is a long process which we will probably be working on until the day before our Christmas Open House on November 19th! Decorating for Christmas in the store gets me in the mood to drag all my Christmas stuff out and decorate my house. I want to turn on the Christmas tunes, drink hot chocolate, and watch Home Alone and It's a Wonderful Life in front of the fire. But, alas, today it is in the high seventies at least and it's not even Halloween! Christmas will be upon us though...soon enough :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I saw my first Christmas commercial a couple of days ago and was shocked that it could be that close to Christmas already. It's hard to get in the holiday spirit when it's sweltering outside, isn't it?

Nice jack-o-lantern, by the way!

Larissa said...

How fun! I'm getting really excited about the Holidays, but Halloween will be here next week, and I'm not ready!!!