Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

If I never hear the word "Valentine" again, I might die a happy woman. No, I'm kidding. But seriously, when you work in the floral industry, it is rare that your Valentine's Day is happy. Not that it's horrible, or sad, it's just stressful! The past two days at the shop have been absolutely insane. The phone rings non-stop (I can still hear it ringing in my head!), there is never not someone needing help, there are constant orders to be typed and filled...ahh! I'm just glad another February 14th has come and gone. I don't think I ate lunch until after 2:00 today and then I barely scarfed it down. But, I did log in almost 12 hours today--good for my bank account :) That does make me happy.




Anywho...my V-day gift was plugged in and waiting for me on the kitchen counter this morning. I am the proud owner of a brand-new microwave! Yea! The one we had was one that Scott had won at his project graduation in 1996 and it was really starting to bite the dust. It would take forever to heat up food. So, I am super excited about my new appliance.





Our trip to Florida was pretty good, under the circumstances. Flying out of Midland at 7:30 AM on Thursday wasn't the best, and landing in Midland on Monday night at 11:00 wasn't either, but other than that, it was a pretty good trip. It was really nice to see all of Scott's brothers together again. I have only met his oldest brother, Patrick, and his family one other time, so it was nice to get to know them a little better. I had also only met my sister-in-law, Monica (wife of another brother), and her kids one other time, so it was really nice to see them again, too. I think that everyone enjoyed getting to spend time together. Thank you again to all of you who have been praying for Scott and his family. It has meant a lot to all of us.





I am including a picture of Scott with his brothers and another of his parents, brothers, their wives and all the kids. Big family!


Patrick, Corey, Scott, and Trey

(From left to right--sort of:) Brett, Monica, Brandon, Kayla, Corey, Tristan, Harvey, Lauren, Will, LaDon, Scott, Becca, Trey, Liz, Abby, Amber, Patrick, Rachel, Michelle, and Andrew

4 comments:

Noel Green said...

Thank you so much for your prayers. You've certainly been in mine (you and your family for sure).

I hope this week is full of obviously God-given peace for everyone.

Larissa said...

I'm glad you made it back safe! I got a new microwave too! It's red, it's so cool. We missed you at Follies, there's always next year!!!

Katherine said...

...and about to get bigger!! I am glad that it was a good trip, despite the circumstances-it is always good to get the whole family together. We definitely missed you at Follies-I hope to see you soon! Love you!! :) Blessings~

Robby and Lynsey said...

Glad you survived crazy Valentine's Day ... I definitely would hate working in a flower shop that day!

I'm glad you got to see family, even if it was for a horrible reason. You all continue to be in our thoughts.