Thursday, February 01, 2007

No Follies/Reunion for Us

I just thought I'd let all our LCU buds know that we won't be at Follies, etc., next weekend. We will miss you all and wish we could be there. However, we will be in Florida for Scott's brother's service next weekend. We will be blessed to have the entire family there. Scott's third oldest brother, Corey, has been in Kuwait for about a month in the service. He was granted bereavement leave and is on his way back to the States. The oldest brother, Patrick, and his family just returned to the States from a five (-ish) year mission in the Ukraine. I know it will help the family to heal to be all together again. All five boys had not been together at the same time since Christmas of 1998. I know it is a harsh reality that all 5 will never be able to be together again, but at least the remaining four will be for a few days next week. Two of Scott's brothers have never met Will, so that will be nice, too. Thank you to everyone who has offered us your condolences and prayers. We appreciate you all.

4 comments:

Donna Worley said...

Lauren,

I received this blog via a Google alert - I get anything posted on the internet with the words LCU, etc. in it - that is the only way I can keep up with all of you :-).

We don’t have a current email address for you or Scott. Please pass along our condolences. Our prayers are with you both and the entire family. We will miss you at Homecoming/Master Follies.

Sincerely,

Donna Worley
Alumni Relations - LCU

Larissa said...

I'm sad you won't get to be there, but, it is understandable. Yall be careful traveling and come home safe.

Katherine said...

We will miss you next weekend, but I pray that this is a blessed and healing time for all of Scott's family. Safe travel, peace and comfort to everyone~

Robby and Lynsey said...

I'm sorry they all have to be reunited under these circumstances. I hope this will be a time of healing for all of you.