Thursday, February 22, 2007

Okay, so I really don't have anything to say, but I figured, why not blog?


For those who do not know (which is probably most of you), I am taking a leave of absence/hiatus from my job for a while. I am really tired and it is a good time to lay low in-between busy times. So, for the last four days, I have been back to being a stay-at-home-mom and I am loving it. It is so nice to have a pretty much constantly picked-up house, clean dishes/sink; I even mopped my floors today--a major accomplishment! So, I am pretty proud of my Susie Homemaker skills. Sorry to toot my own horn, but for those who know me well, you understand why I am so pumped about this.



Pregnancy related news: the baby is most definitely moving around in there. I have a little acrobat on my hands. It's so much fun to feel it move! I always thought that was pretty much the coolest thing about being pregnant (other than the fact that you are helping to bring another life into the world, that is). On the flip side, I think my pregnancy is affecting my eyesight. I remember reading somewhere when I was pregnant with Will that the fluid levels (or something like that) can change in your eyes or behind them and cause temporary changes to your vision. Well, let me tell you, this is really annoying because I have had a constant headache for about a week now, and I am ready for it to go away! If it is still persistant by my next appointment, I'll have to ask for medical advice. "They" say you shouldn't get a prescription change while you're pregnant because it could be just a temporary change, but what do I do in the meantime...just suffer? Anyway, just thought I'd share my weird eye problems.
This weekend the First Baptist Church in town is hosting a Beth Moore simulcast. She'll be speaking based on her new book, "Get Out of That Pit." I'm planning on going and I'm excited about it. We've been doing her "Patriarchs" Bible study on Wednesday nights at church and I have really enjoyed it, so this should be really great, too. [By the way, Lubbock friends, in case you didn't know, I hear that one of the churches up there is doing a simulcast as well; if you are interested in attending.]
Next weekend, my mom is coming and I'm really excited. We had to postpone her trip for about 3 weeks because of our unexpected trip to Florida, but now she is able to come and will even be here for my big sonogram on the 5th. I'm looking forward to seeing her.
I guess that's about all I have for now...I hope everyone has a great weekend!
***Okay, just in case it happens again, I have no idea why blogger insists on making this whole thing one paragraph. Sorry if this is confusing to you! I did try to fix it!***

3 comments:

Larissa said...

Oh, I'm soooo jealous (Beth Moore) I just finished her book. It was the best book I've ever read!!!! Do you happen to know what church it will be at. I don't think I can go, but who knows, something might work out. Anyways, I had the same eye problems with Madi, and I got new glasses when I pregnant with her. They told me the same thing, but like you said, what are you supposed to do? If you're blind, you'r blind and dangerous to others! So I had to do it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! I got your card a few weeks ago- CONGRATS on the baby! :) I am so glad you are doing well! I hope you guys are going to Shine Like Stars. Let me know! Take care and keep in touch~
Melanie Hill

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know that you had started working again in the first place. I'm glad you get to take a break though.