Saturday, August 11, 2007

Inspirations

The flower shop I have worked at off and on for 5 years has changed it's name and location. Instead of being in an old 7-Eleven building way off the main street in town (not even close, actually), we are now in a century-old red brick house with an excellent location. This move has been more than a year in the making and is super-exciting. The "new" shop looks fantastic. This weekend is the Grand Opening of the store and I went back to work a little. In a few weeks, I am planning on going back to work on Wednesdays and Fridays while Will is at Children's Day Out. The current plan is to take Claire to work with me; I took her with me yesterday and she did really well. Below are a few pictures of the shop that I took today.


The sign

My boss and her husband in front of the shop (this was after we closed for the day).

A view from across the street

One of the many rooms inside

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Laura I wish I would have been in town for the grand opening. It looks even more beautiful finished! I know you had fun in the new shop; glad things went well taking Claire on the job (another benefit of a small town).

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks really good. I want to see it in person. Ok, so I checked your blog what seems like a day ago, then just now and BAM! Three new entries! I feel really out of the loop.

Jen

Harmony said...

I wish I could see the new shop. How exciting. I'm sure you'll be swamped for a while - something new in the small town. :)