Friday, August 10, 2007

Ratatouille


We took Will to see his first movie (Ratatouille) in the actual theater last night. It went okay...the movie was pretty long and wasn't as "exciting" as say, Cars or Nemo, but I think he enjoyed himself. There were only a few people in the theater and we had a whole row to ourselves, so he enjoyed walking up and down the row and pausing every once in a while to watch the screen. He did sit in Scott's lap a lot of the time. Claire did pretty well, too. We had taken her with us a couple of weeks ago when we went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Will stayed behind with a babysitter) and she was awesome...just ate and slept through the whole thing. Since she's not sleeping as much as she was and will only progress to be more awake, we knew we needed to take Will to see this movie sooner rather than later. She didn't sleep through the entire movie as I'd hoped, but at least she didn't scream or anything :)

The movie itself was entertaining; I think Pixar did a good job, but I didn't like it as much as some of their other movies. Toy Story, Nemo, The Incredibles...those are all just really fantastic. I wouldn't say this one ranks with those. It's good, though, don't get me wrong. I'd like to see it again at home where I can pause it when I need to do things like change an explosive diaper :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yeah, we didn't like this movie so much. I was really disappointed in it. It had some good moments, but it was very sub-par when compared with Nemo and Toy Story.