Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Friends and Fun

We were so excited to be able to visit our dear friends the Malletts this past weekend. We arrived late Friday night and stayed up much too late talking. On Saturday, Harmony, Scott, the kids, and I trekked out to the Fort Worth Zoo (Leland had a UIL meet). It was awesome! That is a really great zoo. It was a great time to go because most of the animals were out and about and not just snoozing in the shadiest spot they could find like they were in San Antonio when Will and I went this summer. We got to see lots of primates, big cats, elephants, giraffes, rhinos, kangroos, birds, fish, and snakes. A fun time was had by all! I made the comment that it will be nice when our kids are older and we can actually stop and read all about the animals. Right now they just have such short attention spans and get tired so quickly. There was a whole section of the zoo that we didn't get to see because we needed to get the kids home to nap.

Sunday was a big "extra events" day at the Malletts' church. So, Harmony and I went to a "Ladies' Tea" that afternoon. It was really fun and gave me some good ideas for women's ministry that I'd like to share with my sisters here. Sunday about wore us out, so we had pizza for dinner and conked out early. On Monday, Scott went on to Abilene for school and my kids and I stayed with Harmony and her girls. We got out early and went shopping. Harmony's having Christmas/Thanksgiving all at the same time with her family next week, so she got several gifts and I also picked up a couple for my kids. It was a good day. Later, after naps, we loaded up and headed down I-20 to meet Scott and go home. Thanks, Malletts for having us...we can't wait to see you again!!

On the way into the zoo
The huge silverback gorilla...king of the mountain!
Giraffes
Elephant
Smiley Will at the zoo
Claire, Will, Raylee and Reese in their Mickey & Minnie matching outfits!
Will turned two in May and Raylee will be two on Friday!
Reese was born on May 30 & Claire on July 8.
The four of them :)


6 comments:

Terri said...

So glad you had a chance to be with the Mallett's. I know you both (or all!) needed that time together. Take a good look at Clarie in the bottom picture of them all on the floor, THAT picture of her looks like YOU at that angle in particular! What great pics, I LOVE the matching outfits :)

Harmony said...

Raylee's face in that last pic cracks me up. I'm so glad you all came for a visit. We must do it again soon.

Marta said...

It's so fun to have good quality time with friends! Looks like a good time was had by all!

opalessence said...

I love the zoo! Haven't been in forever... I'm trying to do better about posting. Good to see everyone is doing good! Your baby is so precious!

Larissa said...

The Ft. Worth Zoo is sooo cool!

Daphne said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! ! !

You think you're going to get to read the signs!!! I bet these other 'commenters' are young mothers, too?!

Hang on to those diaper bags ladies! You won't be reading signs until you retire! I've been to the zoo, museums, etc., for many years ... waiting ... waiting ... Never have I gotten to read more than one out of ever 20 signs! I should go now that my youngest is in college.

You just hang onto to your delusion. You'll need it frequently over the next 20 years!

Daphne