Thursday, November 08, 2007

A Rite of Passage


Last night when the kids and I got home from church, I was getting Will ready for his bath. Imagine the scene: the shower is running, Claire is in her carseat in the hall, looking into the bathroom and screaming to get out, Frank (the dog) is trying to stick his nose in every one's business, Will is naked and has just gotten an M&M candy for going pee in the potty. Then, somehow, he manages to trip over my foot and smacks his face on the bathroom floor. Yep, we've got a busted lip, and it isn't pretty! The above picture does not do it justice. I need to try to get him to take another one today.

Anyway, the poo really hit the fan. It was a scream-fest for several minutes. Since he was eating an M&M, I couldn't tell if the little white pieces in his mouth were un-coated candy or tooth. I wasn't sure how big the cut was or if he'd gotten both his top and bottom lip or just the bottom. I called Scott, who was at an elders' meeting in the melee and asked him to please come home and help with damage control. Thankfully, we live pretty near the the church building! What an adventure. Also, we are glad that Will just got his bottom lip and he's fine today...acting as if everything is normal.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

Poor guy. I'm sure it's not the last though. :)