Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving Holiday

We are home! We returned from our Thanksgiving trip on Monday, a day later than anticipated because of snowy & icy weather. We had left the previous Tuesday, so we were gone for almost a week...we haven't been gone for that long in quite some time. We missed all the weather here, but our poor dogs didn't! I was sort of afraid that we would come home to dog-sicles, but they were alive and well and more than happy to see us when we rolled in. (We did have friends looking in on them and if they had thought they needed to go home with them, they would have taken them.)


Anyway, we had a great trip! We had a couple of hurdles here and there, but all in all it was really wonderful. My dad's mom and mom's parents all got to meet Claire for the first time, so that was quite special. We spent a night with my dad's mom in San Antonio both going down and coming back. Thanksgiving Day was spent with my mom's family. We were blessed to just have a fun and relaxing time with my parents too. Mom and I had lots of fun shopping the after Thanksgiving sales, and Will had a blast playing on my parents' pool table and even got to spend some time at Chuck E. Cheese. And of course, we had to make a couple of Starbucks stops for peppermint mochas! Here are a few pictures from the week. (Oh, Merry Christmas to me! Mom and Dad gave me my present early so I would have it all through the holiday season--a new digital camera!)




My Grandma Thelma and Claire



Will, Grandma Thelma and Claire




Will and my dad playing "balls." I think Will is telling my dad what color and number are on the the ball.



I love this picture of Scott and Will. We are on our way to my grandparents' house.

Claire and Me



My Grandma Glenda and Claire (notice Claire's cowgirl boots!)



My Grandpa Roy and Claire

Four Generations

My mom brought a project for us to work on on Thanksgiving Day. Her church makes stockings for less fortunate children and fills them. So we had six stockings to make! It was great fun. In the picture you can see me, my grandma, my cousin Emily, and my aunt Gail.

Finished products. Mine is the one with the gingerbread boy and girl.

My great-aunt Ruth and Claire

Mom and Claire

Mom and Dad with Will at Chuck E. Cheese

Will and Scott racing

Dad and Claire

Will being silly at Cracker Barrel on the way home

5 comments:

Harmony said...

I'm so glad you had a good time.

Larissa said...

You look so pretty Lauren! I love your hair...especially the color. It looks really good on you!

Lauren said...

Larissa, believe it or not, that is actually my natural hair color :). Thanks for the compliment...I have been having hair issues lately. It's funny that you should mention you like the color because my family basically convinced me to go back to blonde! My aunt told me she always thought my hair really was blonde until a couple of years ago when I stopped coloring it :)! Funny!

Marta said...

Looks like a great time! Love all the pictures! Claire is just so pretty and Will is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Lauren, I think your family is just about the sweetest thing I've ever seen. And I love your hair the way it is, but I also REALLY enjoy being blonde. Miss you guys, Jen

P.S. Maybe I can managae a trip to Big Spring over the holidays!