Friday, March 10, 2006

Home

We are back. Will and I had a really good trip to Lubbock and Amarillo. (See pics below!) Sadly, I forgot to get my camera out while we were at Jen and Sam's house, so I don't have any pics to post of them. Next time we'll get some! We had lots of good fun with Chelsey--she is so great with kids. Of course, Will loved her--she was very good at making him laugh.

Unfortunately, I think our little jaunt got the boy sick...he has been coughing and sneezing and very stuffy the last couple of days. A nasty front blew through the Plains and I think it might have aggravated his allergies. Hopefully rest and meds will help him get back to normal soon.

I had such a good time getting to see my friends! I hadn't seen Jen since Labor Day and Chelsey since Jen's wedding in June--way too long!! It was a much needed trip. I am very glad I decided to go. It was sort of scary and frustrating at times traveling alone with Will, but we survived!

One of my major missions for spring break was to find a diaper bag. If you are a parent, you know how hard it is to find a bag to meet all of your needs. If you aren't a parent, one day when you have children of your own, you will understand what I am talking about. I, too, once thought that they were all alike. Boy, was I wrong. I registered for two bags before Will was born--a large backpack style bag and a small tote-type bag. I got them both and have used both on several occasions. I also got a freebie bag from the hospital when Will was born. I have also used that one a lot. But, there was always something that just wasn't right. Thus, my mission to find another bag was born. I think I have found it, my friends--the Amy Coe "Pipper" bag from Target. I will let you know in the near future if it is as wonderful as I think it to be.

Even though we had a great trip, I am glad to be home. It will be nice to be able to just relax around the house for a couple of days before going back to work. I will probably be spending most of tomorrow cleaning up--while we were gone, Scott painted our dining room and baseboards in the whole front room. When it's all dry and safe, we'll be able to put our furniture back where it belongs--yea! Maybe we can make our house a little more livable again :)

1 comment:

Neena said...

I'm glad you had a good time. It's fun to see friends you haven't seen in a while.