Monday, March 27, 2006

A Good Weekend

I had a good weekend. On Saturday, I started my day by attending a baby shower up at the church building. It was fun; I got to chat with friends and look at all the super-cute baby items that the guest-of-honor received. She really raked it in! I brought Will with me and he had fun crawling around on the floor. I needed to go to Midland to pick up some supplies for another shower next weekend and I had planned on taking Will with me. By the time the shower was over, though, he was completely exhausted. So my dear husband agreed to stay home with him while he slept and I went to Midland by myself.

I had the best time! I got to spend an hour in Target looking at whatever I wanted! I successfully spent an obscene amount of money there (just kidding...or am I?). I went to Rosa's and ate lunch alone while reading People magazine. I headed to Hobby Lobby and acquired cake decorating stuff for Will's birthday party [sob!] and checked out their prices on party supplies. I proceeded to the party supply store and (again) spent an obscene amount of money on supplies for Carrie's shower and Will's party. I had one more stop to make before I headed back home. Dustee's--the accessory and purse emporium. Oh how I love that store! I could have spent big money there, too, but refrained for fear for my life (ha!). I did get some cute earrings and necklaces, though (that's right, I did NOT buy a purse!).

When I got home, I discovered that Will had slept almost the whole time that I was gone. So all went well! Sunday was good, too. We had potluck after morning services and a devo after evening services. Lots of yummy food is always good! We also got the last disc of Smallville season one this weekend and finished it. The last episode was quite a cliffhanger. However, since we're already almost finished with season four, we basically know what's going to happen anyway. It's still fun to watch though!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, too. Have a blessed day~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love it when God blesses us with days like that? I'm glad you had a great weekend!

Larissa said...

Lauren, it's time for an update!!!! See you at Carrie's shower!

Terri said...

Update, update, update!!!!!!!!!