Friday, March 03, 2006

One More Day


Yes! One more day til Spring Break begins! No work for a full week...ahh, the wonderment of it all. I am so excited for this much needed break. We at BSISD have not had a day off since the Christmas holidays!

Will and I will be traveling to Amarillo next week to see our beloved "Aunt" Chelsey :) We haven't seen her in quite a long time, so this visit is severely overdue! On the way to Amarillo, we'll be stopping through Lubbock to see another of my dearest friends, Jen. I am so excited to see them both.

~~~~~~~~~

Sadly, I think the breastfeeding experience for Will and I is coming to an end. I have been weaning him for over a month and we are down to 3 feedings a day. As you know, Will has four teeth. We've never really had a biting issue before--I mean, he has a little, but never hard enough to really hurt me. Yesterday, that all changed. He bit me so hard that he drew blood. Let me tell you, OUCH!!!! I actually was brave enough to let him try again, but he just kept on biting. I tried feeding him again last night and he did acutally eat without biting. Weaning has been a sad experience anyway because breastfeeding is such a special time to bond with your baby. It just seems like something really special is ending forever. I don't want to abruptly stop because of the biting, but I don't want him to continue biting me either! Argh! I'm having lots of mixed emotions about the whole ordeal.

~~~~~~~~~

If you haven't checked out our family site Prather Place to see our newly refinished floor, do so! It looks magnificent if I do say so myself. My husband is quite talented :)

Have a great Friday!!

6 comments:

Larissa said...

I know you don't want to stop b/c of biting, but do you want to keep (I hate to say it) your nipples? I gasped when you said he drew blood! I know that is hard though. Have fun this weekend!

Lauren said...

I know what you mean, Larissa. That's why I said I have mixed emotions! It HURTS so bad. I know he isn't hurting me on purpose...he's doing it because he's hurting. But, then again, I really wanted to keep nursing until he is a year old. We'll see how it goes!

Kathy said...

I'm sorry about the biting issue. That's sad to think you might have to stop breastfeeding because of it. My mom said that was the first time she spanked me, when I bit her the first time. It was also the last time I bit her. It sounds mean to spank that early, but they're apparently open to some discipline by then. If you really don't want to stop breastfeeding yet, it's worth a try, that is if you haven't already tried it.

Lauren said...

thanks for the encouragement and advice. i have "popped" him in the mouth and he seemed to get the idea that biting wasn't a good activity (that one's for all you Brian Reagan fans). you're right, though, it's hard to discipline them when they're that young!

Chelsey Whitlow said...

I am so excited for you and Will to come see me!! WooHoo!! Nice pic of the Cadilac Ranch!! :)
love you guys and see you soon!

Terri said...

Hope you guys have a great trip to see Jenn & Chelsey. Be safe :)