Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Disclaimer

Dear friends,

In reference to my last post in which I referred to my mother as a hoarder and/or pack-rat, I would like to offer a disclaimer. My mother, a hoarder though she may be, is a secret hoarder. The house is very clean and presentable, however it may be in those dark, unnoticed corners of the closet that the school projects from 1986 may lie. She informs me that since their house was flooded by a pipe burst in May and all the floors had to be replaced, she was forced into a major purge and I would be (and I quote), "...lucky to find any semblance of [my] being raised in this house, in this house."

So, friends, please note that my mom is not a bad housekeeper. She is phenomenal at keeping things tidy where others can see. Just don't look in the cabinets beneath the wet bar.

***********************************************************************************

I have also replied to several of your comments in the comment section...so if you commented on any of my last few posts, you might want to check :)

3 comments:

Larissa said...

I just LOL!!!! That is really funny!

Daphne said...

Hilarious! I can just imagine the conversation with your mother! I cannot believe there are no remnants of KHS and/or drill team in that house!!

Anonymous said...

It definitely was the most spirited conversation we've had in a long time! OK, there are mums for both children hanging on a hanger in the computer room closet. There are cheerleader sized footballs from various years in one basket in that same closet. Both of them also have folders with artwork in that same closet. Let's just keep that door shut, ok... (but nothing falls out if you open the door & it is well organized).

When I hear the word "hoard" I think of the little old lady Tim and I knew who collected newspapers, magazines, rubber bands, reused her baggies, etc...; you couldn't walk through her house. So, maybe I went a bit overboard and "off" on Lauren. But, my house stays cleaner now than it has been since we were newlyweds.

<3 terri