Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Potty, Shower, and ABCs

Will is doing much better, sleep-wise. He had a rough night the next night, waking up 2 or 3 times, but every night since he has slept all night--yea!

We have been taking a very slow approach to potty-training since the beginning of the summer. My parents got Will a potty for his birthday and we've been using it every once in a while. For the past couple of weeks, he has been using it just about every night before and sometimes after he takes a bath. This morning, not long after Will woke up, we saw a commercial for Pull-Ups. The boy in the commercial was very excited and proud of himself for using the potty. I hadn't changed Will's diaper yet, so I asked him if he would like to go pee in the potty. He said yes, so we went. I decided not to put a diaper back on him and just let him run around naked. I told him to tell me if he needed to go again. We had a very successful morning of going pee and even poo in the potty with NO accidents! He even went in there by himself. I was surprised that he would tell me he needed to go and pee barely anything...I guess he really knows when he needs to go :)

Also, last night, after his bath, he decided he wanted a shower. Now, he's only had a shower one or two other times and it was a while back. And he wasn't very fond of them at that. But last night you would have thought it was the most wonderful thing in the world. He loved it and even wanted to close the curtain. He really didn't want to get out and kept asking to get back in after he had his pj's on and even this morning. Too funny! I told him we'd have to wait til tonight :)

And, as for the ABCs, we've been impressed that Will can say about 90% of it correctly. And sometimes if he misses a letter, he'll go back and amend it. We are so proud of our big boy who is learning and progressing so well. Who knows, we may have a completely potty-trained, abecedarian (alphabet-saying), showerer in the near future!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Hey Lauren! Of course I remember you! You were a sweetheart! And your husband is so nice too!
Thanks for blogstalking my blog...I love other blogstalkers! I'll add you to my list!

Harmony said...

That's great. We are having to take the slow approach on Raylee also. So much change this summer has been rough but we'll get there. Will is also so smart - always has been. He amazes me everytime I'm around him. Such a growing boy.

Larissa said...

Way to go!!! I would say considering his age, that is awesome! Boys (to me) are harder to potty train. So you'll probably have Claire trained by the time she's one. Wouldn't that be nice???!!!!

By the way, thanks for what you said! I always appreciate the encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a truimphant day around your house. Hooray for y'all! Love, Jen

Marta said...

YAY for Will!!! Potty training was/is my least favorite part of parenting so far! It took us AGES to get Darby as far as Will is now. Fortunately once we got her that far it went super-fast. And I love not having to change her diapers anymore!!! So happy for all of you! And I cannot believe that Claire is already 2 months old! How'd that happen?

Anonymous said...

Acebedarian..... that's a really cool word!

Yea, our Will is such a smarty... I think he is ready for one of those kid kind of computers,,, may just have to get him that for Christmas :)

that's a riot about the shower~~!