Friday, January 27, 2006

"A Bouquet of Freshly Sharpened Pencils"

Can anyone tell me what movie this phrase is from? I'll give you a virtual gold star if you can!

Last night I fed Will and put him in his bed for the night. I left the house at about 9:30 to head to the store for a few groceries and assorted items. Before I left, Scott said, "hey, get me a couple of 3-ring binders for school--the kind that you can put stuff in the pocket on the front." I smiled and said, "Yea! I get to shop for school supplies!"

One thing I always loved about school was the inevitable fact that you had to buy new school supplies at the beginning of each semester. Fresh, clean notebook paper and sprial notebooks! New fully loaded pens! Freshly sharpened pencils! Ahh! The smell of it! It's wonderful and I am jealous of my husband because he gets new school supplies and I don't. But, I got to pick them out! Nothing is more tempting than the pen and pencil aisle at Wal-Mart. That is why I usually avoid it at all costs.

Well, on to other things. I actually really do have to clean my house this weekend. My mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law (is that a word?) are arriving on Wednesday. So, I guess I won't be sleeping as much as I did last weekend. Boo :(

This morning, something happened that made me feel really good! I came to work and opened my email and I had one from a friend who recently had a baby. She was writing to ask my advice about something! It was so cool to give out some of my first "mommy advice!" It just made me feel like I am a real mom who is experienced enough in some things to be qualified to give suggestions to others!

For other news about our family check out our family blog (there's a link to it under "blogs I read").

Everyone have a blessed day!
~Lauren :)

2 comments:

Noel Green said...

You've Got Mail, of course:)
Hi, Lauren!
Your family looks great! I send my bleated congrats to you:). I found you in blogland. I'm thankful you seem to be so well. It's good to 'see' you!
Love, Celeste

Kathy said...

I'm the exact same way about school supplies. I think that's why most of us became teachers in the first place. :)
Thanks for the advice. It's great getting to catch up with old friends from LCU. I actually stumbled onto Shannon's blog through my brother's (to his fiancee's, to Kat Gould's, and then Shannon's). It's a small world!
Random other coincidence: My husband is from Big Spring. Sometime when we're out visiting his parents we'll have to get together.
Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll definitely be looking for those teething tablets ASAP.
Kathy